13

luke's pov *

"what the heck luke! answer me this instant! i can't believe you! are you gay? are you having SEX with this boy? is this boy even who he says he is? LUKE HEMMINGS YOU ARE NOT GOING TO HIS HOUSE." i facepalm. i hit calum pretty hard across the face. why did he have to say that? it wasn't even necessary.

"mum please i can explain! he-he was j-joking! he thought it was on mute! he didn't mean to scare you! its a joke please believe me!" i look over to calum who now has my handprint along his cheek. this led me to wonder if thats what my bum looked like when he spanked me.

liz stopped responding to us and we realised she had hung up. i didn't even know how to react. this wasn't even my fault. it was all calum's.

"calum! why the fuck would you do that? you literally just ruined my life! I thought i actually was starting to like you a lot. and not just for the pleasure. i liked you for you. now we won't ever be able to be with each other, friends or not. you ruined everything you piece of shit!"

calum's pov *

luke's words stung deep. it felt like he had poured acid on old cuts. it was a joke, i really thought i had pressed the button. i pray that this is all some stupid dream. that luke is just a dream.

"l-luke. it was a j-joke. please stop yelling. i feel like a four year old right now. but please, i want to cry and you screaming at me isn't helping. i'm sorry i'm stupid. maybe thats why i chose you."

"chose me? what?" i slid my back down the wall and hold my head in my hands. luke was just my 'getaway'. i chose one every semester. but i saw luke and i wanted more then a getaway. i wanted a something else, rather it be a brotherhood or a relationship.

"i do this every semester. b-but i actually liked you. i've never once chose anyone younger than me. especially a freshman. i want you to know that i chose you because i knew you could give me what i wanted. and what i really wanted wasn't sex. i wanted love."