Chapter Twenty Nine

Comenzar desde el principio

I kiss him again. Moulding my lips with his for the last time tonight. I let his tongue dominate. He explores my mouth, and I have to pull away. God knows if he does that any longer, I won't be going to my own bed tonight.

"See you later Harry." I grin, opening my door quietly and sneaking inside.

As soon as I get the door closed, I feel like screaming with happiness.

That was one of the best nights I may have ever had. Everything went so well. No fights. No hostility or rudeness. It was fun. The most fun I've had since I moved here.

I change into my pyjamas quickly and head to the couch. I pull the blankets right up to my face and try to sleep. I toss and turn, well as much as one can toss and turn on a foot wide couch. I check the time, 2:30am. God. My heart is still hammering through my chest and has made sleep an impossible feat.

I wonder if he's awake? Of course he is. He's a bloody insomniac.

I wrap the blankets round my and sit on the window seat, looking out at the city. It's funny actually, I can see his window seat from here. And I can see the lights are still on. It's like a little square of glass, it just out from the rest of the apartment, it's only big enough for two people to stand abreast in. But it's got a really lovely little padded window seat in it.

I didn't even know this, how didn't I realise that I can practically see right over to his apartment from here.

I grab my phone.

Sit on your window seat and look left.

I hit send and wait. Within a minute, I see his figure in the window and he sits, looking in my direction. I can't see his facial expression, but I can tell its him. I wave over at him and laugh silently.

From Harry:
Why aren't you asleep?

He holds up his hand in a questioning way.

I don't know. I just can't.

I lie, I know exactly why. He's gotten my heart tied up in knots.

From Harry:
I didn't know I could see you from over here. Nice blanket.

I snicker at his text and tug my blanket closer to me.

From Harry:
Take it off.

I blush, thank god he can't see me.

No it's cold.

I reply to him instantly and watch as he checks his phone and reads the text. I swear I think I see him roll his eyes.

From Harry:
If you're cold you should come over here.

I gulp and shake my head no. As much as I want to, no. I shouldn't. I can't stay with him all the time, I can't 'sleep over' if we aren't even an item.

I should go to sleep.

I stand up, give him a wave and lay back down on the couch. I stare at the ceiling, quietly awaiting his reply. I don't receive a text, but instead my rather loud call tone sounds and I grab my phone, answering it immediately so as not to wake my mother.

"What?" I whisper.

"Come back to the window." He says into the phone. I bite my lip.

"Harry I should be sleeping." I keep my tone hushed. I sit up on the couch.

"You're not tired. Just come back over to the window Ellen." He pleads and I sigh.

I pad barefooted to the window and sit, wrapped in my blanket and looking over at him, keeping my phone to my ear as he hasn't hung up yet.

"Was that so hard?" He snidely and I roll my eyes.

"Extraordinarily challenging, yes." I hug my knees and he scoffs.

"Shut up." He laughs, staring at me from his window, and I at him.

"Do you ever sleep?" I ask softly. I notice he drops his head momentarily and then looks up again.

"Only when I can't stay awake any longer. When I'm desperate." His tone is gentle and deep. I close my eyes and lean back, listening to his voice.

"You should go to sleep now." I say, feeling my eyelids getting heavier.

"I'm not desperate. I don't need to." He lets out a long sigh. "Anyway, how can I sleep when you're up and talking to me?"

I smile in my sleepy state. "I like listening to you talk." I snap my eyes open as soon as I say it. Shit. I'm a bigger liability sleepy than I am drunk. And to be honest, now I'm a bit of both.

I await the sarcasm. The snide remark. Or some sort of slander.

"I can't imagine why." His voice is unsure and almost... Vulnerable?

"You have this thing, when you talk. It's like everyone in the room listens to you. Or maybe it's just me. I don't know. I just like it." I yawn.

"You can go to sleep now Ellen." He waves goodbye to me and stands up, leaving the window.

"You can too." I whisper before hanging up the phone and crawling back, for the final time, to the couch. Where oddly enough, sleep comes easy.

A/N: HELLEN. Lol I've decided Hellen is the ship name for Ellen and Harold. So yesterday, I gave my friend all the spoilers and plot twists and stuff for this story and she was very shocked. Expect the unexpected.... There's a whole lot more to come ;))

Don't be a ghost, Please keep commenting and voting and sharing!!! Thanks for all the reads so far! <3

All the love.