Chapter 23

The next morning I woke up in my bed when I know I was on the couch. I looked at my phone and saw I had nine messages from Caleb. They all said I'm sorry plz Amy don't do this or I really did love you. Plz come back. I went downstairs and saw my mom standing at the kitchen counter fixing three plates.

"Hey sweetie. Did you have fun last night?", she asked.

"No", I replied.

"What happened?", she asked.

"Last night I caught him kissing another girl. Then the girl he kissed told everyone he was pretending to be in love with me cause of some bet he made. So I broke up with him. He tried to get me to stay but Audrey yelled at him telling him to leave me alone", I said with tears in my eyes.

"Aww honey", she said.

She came over and hugged me. I admit I should've known he was faking it the whole time. Popular kids and not popular kids should stick with their own groups.

"Everything will be okay. I'm sure someone else will come around the corner", she said.

Now that I think about it, there is the one guy that I still like and he likes me back. Carter Williams.

"Yeah. I'm gonna go in my room and sulk", I said.

"Alright honey. Let me know if you need anything", she said.

"Okay", I said.

I went to my room and laid on my bed on the edge and on my back. My head dangling off the bed with my hair falling loose. I heard a knock on my door and saw Audrey rushing in.

"Omg your worse than I thought", she said.

"Thanks for the compliment", I said.

"I was joking. Anyway how you holding up?", she asked.

"Honestly I wanna drown him in a lake full of sharks", I replied.

"You really don't like him do you?", she asked.

"Nope", I replied.

"Well there's someone out there for you. What about Carter?", she asked.

"Yeah I like him a little bit", I replied.

"So then go out with him", she said.

"I think I'll wait a few days. Then if he asks me out he likes me. If not, then I'm gonna be single forever", I said.

"Alright. You'll be okay to go to school tomorrow?", she asked.

"Yeah", I replied.

"Alright. Your mom wanted me to bring this up for you", she said.

She handed me a plate with pancakes and sausage with syrup.

"Thanks", I said.

"No problem. I better get going. My dad thinks it's a good idea for the family to have some bonding time", she said.

"Ok. I'll text you later", I said.

She walked out the room and closed the door behind her. I like Carter. He seems like a nice guy. I just fear that he's gonna use me. What if he doesn't? What if he does? He seems nice. What if he isn't? I need to calm down. I'll know once we talk again.