Chapter 8

Once I got home while Caleb followed me up until he had to go to his own house, I went inside and immediately knew something was wrong. The house was to quiet. I saw a note on the fridge and read it.

'Amy,

Your sister and I went to go see your grandparents for the day. We should be back before you leave for your date. If not, there's some left over nachos in the fridge.
Love
Mom'

I went to the fridge and saw the meat and melted cheese. I grabbed a plate and made my nachos and began my homework. It took me up until 4:30 and Caleb would be here around six. I cleaned up my message and ran to my room putting my phone on the charger. So when I leave it'll be fully charged. I went over to my closet and pulled out all the dresss I had. Then remembered he said dress casual. I put this away and pulled out a pair of leggings, a black t-shirt with Love written on it and then my over sized hoodie that says I <3 Food. I showered and I was out by 5. I did light makeup which consisted of eyeliner, eyeshadow, blush and lip gloss. I got dressed and put my hair up in a messy bun. It was 5:55 and I put on my black combat boots, checked my make up and headed to the door. It was six and the doorbell rang. Right on time. I opened the door to see Caleb with a bundle of flowers dressed in a hoodie which said Soccer Is Life and some blue jeans.

"Hey", he said.

"Hey", I said.

"You look great", he said.

"So do you", I said.

"So I got you these. Probably a little lame but oh well. Yolo", he said.

I giggled.

"Its not lame. Actually I love roses", I said.

"Good. So ready to go?", he asked.

"Yeah", I said putting the flowers on the couch.

I closed and locked the door and walked down the steps and climebt in his car. It was nice. It was the type of car you can call people with and the seats heat up. We drove for about 20 minutes and pulled up to a small diner. We got out and Caleb was able to get us a private booth using his charm. We sat down and ordered and we were silent for a few minutes.

"Tell me about yourself", Caleb said.

"There isn't much to tell", I said.

"Oh come on. Tell me anything. Anything no one knows", he said.

"Well my parents are divorced, I'm addicted to wattpad, (no joke intended guys), I have a sister and I hate seafood", I said.

"Interesting. How long have your parents been divorced?", he asked.

"Ever since I was 5. What about you?", I asked.

"My parents are divorced. They have been for a year", he replied.

"Who do you live with?", I asked.

"With my mom", he replied.

"So do I", I said.

"Cool. I hope I can meet her sometime", he said.

"Same", I said.

Once our food arrived I began to pick at my grilled chicken sandwich.
'Come on Amy. Say something to him. Anything', the voices in my head said.
'No. She should let him do the talking so she doesn't embarrass herself'another voice said.
The voices in my head were annoying. I mentally screamed at both of them. I took a small bite of my sandwich then a sip of my Dr.Pepper.

"So what's your backstory?", I asked.

Crap. That was a stupid question to ask. My life is over. Well at least I haven't made a complete fool of myself. Yet anyway.

"My parents got divorced last year, I moved a whole bunch of times, music is my way of escaping reality and I love tacos", he replied.

"Interesting. I like tacos to", I said.

"Cool. Maybe we should've went to Taco Bell instead", he said.

"Maybe next time", I said.

"So there'll be a next time?", he asked.

"Maybe", I replied.

"Amy. I want you to come to the football game tomorrow. Just do it. Trust me. You'll be surprised to see what happens", he said.

"Come to the football game?", I asked.

"Do you trust me?", he asked.

"Yeah. I guess", I replied.

After we had that little small conversation, we began to talk about music, school and family. By the time we'd finished our food it was almost 9.

"Well I need to get home. It's getting close to my curfew", I said.

"When's you curfew?", he asked.

"9:30", I replied.

"Yeah we need to get you home", he said pulling out his wallet.

Such a gentlemen. But what if he's just acting like one though? Stop being so negative Amy. What if he really is a nice person? He could be but what if he is acting like a nice guy? We got in the car and he drove me home. I was home 20 minutes early and my mom and sister were getting ready for bed. By my mom having to take care of Debby all day, she goes to bed once she does. I stood at the door talking to Caleb and he was just getting ready to leave.

"I had fun tonight", I said.

"So I'm not a bad guy?", he asked.

"No. You're actually pretty nice once people get to know you", I replied.

"So I'll see you at the game tomorrow?", he asked.

"Yeah. What time?", I asked.

"2-4", he replied.

"Alright. I'll see you tomorrow", I said.

"Alright. Night", he said.

"Night", I said.

I watched him go to his car and put his car in his driveway then I closed the door. I put my back against the door, sighed and slumped to the floor. I thought I was falling in love with Caleb. Now I'm sure of it.

Hey guys. So the song that was attached to the chapter is called Hypnotic by Zella Day. This is one of my favorite songs and I just had to share it with you guys. So one love flambo456 that is a wrap woop. See you guys later.