Chapter 10 : Beginning Ball

Neil's POV
The only words coming out of my mouth after looking at our gymnasium would be.......'wow'.

Yes, that's all because...Hell...the students council or specifically Anahita has done a splendid job in changing this sweaty bad odoured four-walled box into such a majestic ballroom.

All the baskets, step-benches are removed to be replaced by tables and chairs all around the hall keeping the centre area of the gym to be vacant to be used as the dance floor later.

On my left side everything from starters to main courses were served. Waiters were roaming all over the hall carrying trays full of water, soft drinks and cocktails.

Like seriously. I suppressed the urge of rolling my eyes and picked up a cocktail.

I felt a tap on my shoulder, I turned around to see the beautiful girl I entered with, "So chocolate apologizer if you have analysed the whole room can we go sit I really can't stand for long in these." Genny says while nodding towards the death traps which incidentally girls call heels.

I shook my head towards the heel and chuckled but nodded towards her and led to the table where Rina, Chand and Raj were chatting.

Chand was first to notice us. "Hey Neil, who is thi- oh my god Genny you uh-you are looking hot." He checked her out while giving me a brief hug and helped Genny settle in a chair which was coincidentally between him and Raj. That is when I noticed Raj who was shooting daggers at Chand, probably mentally killing him.

I suppressed a laugh and gave a tap on his shoulder, "Dude, don't wanna kill Chand with looks, do we?" I whispered.

"Neil can't he keep his hands to himself? Why does he have to touch her." He whisper/yelled at me. You could actually see smoke coming from his ears.

I shook my head and surveyed the hall once again in search of a specific brunette. But all I could see was girls with flirty looks and mischievous smile looking back at me. Ugh.

I was broken out of my tracking by the familiar angelic voice which came from the stage. I whipped my head towards the stage. I am surprised my neck didn't break with the force I applied on it.

I looked over the stage and there she was the most beautiful, angelic but still mysterious girl. She was wearing a golden knee length dress. Her dress was sparkling due to spotlights. Her hair was in some intricate style on top and then flowing to her shoulders. She was looking amazing.

"Good evening guys and my dear teachers. I am Anahita Arora Head of the Student Council i.e. Annie for you all." With that she started her very long speech which included god knows what and lasted for at least 15 mins. Then our Principal and Vice Principal introduced themselves and included yearly plans. But my attention was only fixed on one person Anahita. She was really looking pretty. Did I said that earlier?

After like a decade, the teachers decided to leave the place. That's when the real party started, because as soon as they left the whole lighting changed from soft to disco type. The caterers were replaced by a bar. The waiters were now serving different types of liquor and the dance floor was filled with rock music blasting from the speakers.

I immediately made my way towards Anahita and said Raj to take care of Genny. As soon as I reached her, I was again floored by how beautiful she was looking. I mean long legs, small waist, perfect curves and off course angelic features. But the smirk.....

"Well I know I am really beautiful but you are actually eye raping me." The smirk never leaving her face.

I didn't even realized I was gaping at her. I closed my mouth which was practically on the floor and walked towards her.

"One dance my lady." I bowed like a  gentleman. She smiled genuinely making me feel light and fuzzy. I only heard her muttering a 'sure' and immediately grabbed her hand and pulled her on the dance floor. She giggled and held herself upright by holding my arms.

Alright, why does it feels this good to have her in my arms?
What? My subconscious asked.
Never mind. Don't remember I asked it.

We danced for two songs just enjoying each others company. I suddenly felt the urge to compliment her, so I quickly leaned toward her ear but couldn't say anything because I lost my senses due to the rose scent emitted from her. She really does smell good.

"Did someone caught your tongue?" Anahita whispered in my ear and giggled.

I felt my cheeks heating so I leaned more to bury my face in her hair to not only hide the blush but also smell her more.

"You look lovely today Anahita." I whispered back at her. I expected her to blush but she stiffened and paled all colour leaving her face.

Great, did I said something that marvellous.
Note the sarcasm.

She abruptly pulled herself away from me and made her way towards the bar. I called after her but she didn't even turned around. OK one thing clear that she is VERY angry on me. But 'why' is still a question.

After pushing and pulling people I finally reached the counter but till then Anahita had already drank half of the beer which was currently in her hands. Then she grabbed another and chugged it down her throat. Then another. OK I think three is enough.

"OK Anahita that is enough." I spoke my thoughts. She again pulled herself away from me.

"Who the hell are you to tell me what I should do?" She slurred. Great now I have to deal with drunken Anahita.

This is gonna be really a long night.......................