Chapter 9 : Getting ready for the ball......

Neil's POV
"Mom what are you doing?" I said exasperatedly from my position i.e. kind of titanic pose so get the idea.

"Relax baby I just want my son to look the most charming boy in the ball." She said with a pat on my shoulder. She is a little shorter than me.

If only you knew mom I would be in just my track pants and girls will be drooling all over me. I smirked at the thought.

"NEIL RAJNATH KHURANA ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO ME?!" Mom yelled on top of her lungs.

I actually was taken aback and literally dragged out of my thoughts by mom's voice. But mom being mom, ignored me and started rambling about regretting not having a daughter whom she could doll up and all that stuff.

During this I heard a faint sound of chuckling and moved my head to find the source and soon my eyes landed on dad who was leaning over my room's doorframe. He still look in his late twenties in his unbuttoned shirt, loose tie and dress pants.(He is 41 by the way just so you know.)He must have just arrived from office.

He was looking at mom with so much adoration in his eyes. I am sure he loves her as much he loved her 19 years back. That is when they got married.

I just hope that even I have a love life like them. A beautiful girl just like my mom beside me.

Maybe Anahita. My subconscious butted.

I shook my head. This is happening a lot lately. I would always start thinking about something and end up thinking about Anahita.

I was broken out of my trance by mom again but this time with furious eyes throwing daggers at me.

I heard another chuckling sound. I immediately gave my dad the best puppy-dog-eyes I could muster and a pleading look to take me away from the tigress in front of me.

My dad as if understanding me completely gave me a sympathetic smile and stood behind mom hugging her from behind by sliding his arms on her waist. He whispered something in her ears and she instantly relaxed. Now what he is said is beyond my small brain but right now who cares.

My mom's eyes turned towards me with a pointed look in them, I gave her my brightest smile and for a second I thought my face is going to split in two if I keep smiling like this.

Her corner of the mouth twiched and she hugged me. I know I am forgiven.
"OK my baby boy go sparkle your charm." My mom said with a wink. I just laughed in return.
Then I turned towards dad who gave me a brief hug and smiled. I smiled back and told them to go to sleep because I will come back late and made my towards to the garage to get my car.

As soon as I sat in the driver's seat my phone started vibrating in my pocket. I took it out and saw 'Princess' name flashing.

SHIT. I am late to pick her. I am so dead.

She had told me yesterday that since she is not interested in Raj and anyway Anahita had already declared him as her chauffer (Her words not mine) and Chand was Rina's date. So I was the only one left and I readily agreed. Atleast there will be no clingy girls around me.

I accepted the call and soon regretted,
"WERE THE HELL ARE YOU NEIL KHURANA I AM WAITING ON THE STAIRS OF MY MANSION FROM LAST 20 DAMN MINS. HAS THE ROAD SWALLOWED YOU OR UFO SUCKED YOU UP?" I gulped audibly and quickly told her that I am on my way and hunged up as I am not at all appealed with the idea of losing my ears at such a young age.

Soon enough I pulled my car in her driveway. I saw a sulking but really hot woman making her way towards my car and I was astonished would be an understatement because I completely shocked as that was none other than Genny. She was looking amazing in her red floor length dress but only from behind as in front it was mid thigh. Hmm. Weird. But suites her.

I playfully whistled at her and she glared at me suppressing her smile. She walked towards the passenger door and once settled...slammed the door shut......too harshly. And did I mentioned she didn't even looked at me?
I mentally pouted.

"Princess, I am really sorry. But this my favourite car, can you be a little careful with it." I said in a very low voice, consider it pleading.

She snapped her head towards me and glared at me," You were late that to 20 mins late. So just don't talk." She hissed at me. And again sat in the same position, straight front. I sighed.

Then suddenly I remembered. I quickly unbuckled my seatbelt and made my way towards the mini freezer in the dickey. I grabbed the chocolates in them and slided in my seat.

I waved the chocolates in front of her face. She looked at them and then back at my face. A wide grin replacing her brooding face. I didn't even realized I was mirroring her reaction.

She grabbed the chocolates and was looking at them with so much adoration. I almost burst out laughing but suppressed it as that was my cue to apologize.

"So....am I forgiven?" I asked with a sheepish smile.

You see this girl has seriously wrapped me around her finger. This may be the first time I am aplogizing to someone this genuinely.

"Hmm" she tapped her finger on her chin as if thinking and gave me a wavering glance followed by a sigh.
"Alright apology accepted." And waved her hand in a dismissive way.

I shook my head and started the engine. I really can't believe I have a girl like Genny in my life whom first I consider my little sister and second can't see any other expression else than happiness on her face.

You can't even look Anahita unhappy. My subconscious said.

That's true. Wait what? See here we go again thinking about Genny and drifting back to Anahita.

I just hope that this ball goes smoothly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Michael Trevino as Chand Singh