I'm Bored

Gally came back around to the Slammer, either to patronize me or just tell me my punishment. And for some reason I wanted it to be the first one.

He winked and knelt down in front of the bars with this stupid smirk that I truly wanted to wipe off of his face with my fists.

"Alright I've been in here for like six hours, let me out". I grunted.

"Actually Annie you've been in here for forty-five minutes," ohhhh "anway, you'll be spending the night in the Slammer. I was gonna put you in here until you rotted but the others protested. So here you are". He twinkled his fingers in a waving motion and walked away.

Damn I want to kill him.

Newt's POV
~~~~~~~~~

"You still feel empty...."

God dammit, Gally. I can't believe he'd say something like that. Wait, yes I can.

"Hey you okay?" A voice asked. I turned around and wiped my face.

"Tommy". I said, feeling rather relieved. He sat beside me and sighed.

"What's got you down?"

"Nothing..."

"Newt it's obvious you were crying. What happened?" He looked concerned for me, which made me feel fantastic. Someone was finally there for me.

"Gally. He was just saying some things..."

"What things?" He asked, moving closer.

"None of your business!" I snapped.

He looked down silently and bit his lip. I didn't mean to be mean like that but I'm not going to tell him that I tried to commit suicide.

"Sorry, Thomas. I just don't want to tell you". I explained.

"Yea sure that's okay".

"Maybe some day".

Annie's POV
~~~~~~~~~

Night slowly fell and the Glade went silent. I suppose the boys are eating dinner now. This is going to be super boring.

Not even Chuck would come see me. Chuck of all people. The kid who adored me, looked up to me and cried when I got in trouble. My friend, my own friend wouldn't even visit me. I sighed and rolled on to my back, staring up at what I could see of the sky.

This could be pretty peaceful if I just shut my eyes-

"GRIEVERS!!!!" Someone shouted. A bunch of Gladers from the Homestead gathered around the boy who shouted to see that the walls had begun to open. Oh shit, oh shit. I'm stuck in here and I'm going to be eaten alive. Is that a big enough punishment, Gally?

Come on, someone save me.

"Thomas what's going on?" I asked.

"Stay there, Annie. You're safe. They won't find you".

What?! Safe?! No way, this is not safe! They're going to kill me....

And I didn't even get to say goodbye...

Yepppo short chapter.

Anyway *explodes* thanks so much everybody for 1k views! I'm so freakin happy I can't even express it and I never thought I'd get this far and that anyone would ever read this story. THANK YOU SO MUCH 😘