New Greenie

"How are you feeling, Isaac?" I asked. The boy groaned and clutched his stomach. I'll take that as a stomach ache. "Want some water?" He nodded and I poured a glass of water for him. "Where did Jeff and Clint go?" He asked. I shrugged. "I guess it's my shift now. They kind of just.. Left". He nodded and took the glass from my hand, taking a sip. "I'll be alright". He said, after a long gulp. "Good". I didn't know if I should go grab some lunch for him or if he shouldn't eat. "Is it like... Aching... Or does it feel like you're going to throw up?" I asked. "Aching". Okay. I can feed him. "Do you want me to get your lunch for you?" "Yes please. Thanks so much". He gave me a big smile and I nodded, going downstairs and taking a seat beside Newt and Chuckles. "Hey". Chuckles said. "How's being a Med-Jack so far?" Newt asked. "Good, very good". I said, taking a bite of the sandwich Chuckles had set for me. "Hey Frypan can I get one more sandwich for Isaac?!" I called. Frypan nodded and gave me a ham sandwich on a plate. "Thanks". I finished my sandwich quickly and took the other one up to Isaac. "Here". I handed him the plate and he thanked me, taking a big bite. "How's it going in here?" A deep voice asked from behind me. "Oh, Minho". Isaac said. Oh, wow, I thought it was Alby. I turned around and smiled. "Hey, Minho". He gave me a curt nod and approached Isaac, giving him a pat on the shoulder. "Why are you back so early?" Isaac asked. "Don't worry about that". Minho said. "Anyway, how's being a Med-Jack?" He turned to me, obviously changing the subject. "Great. I like it". I said, making sure it didn't sound sarcastic. Just then, an ear piercing noise cut Minho off before he was about to ask another question. "What the hell is going on?!" I covered my ears and crouched down. "Greenie alarm". Minho said, as stunned as I was.

Minho and I walked toward the same metal box I was carried up here in where everyone was crowded around. "Open it up". Alby ordered Newt. "I thought a Greenie came up every month". I whispered to Minho. "So did I". He whispered back. Minho and I shoved to the front of the crowd and looked into the metal box. There was a brown haired boy in there, covering his eyes from the sun. He looked more confused than scared. "A-Annie". He said. Everyone stared at me. I recognized this boy. I knew him. This was the boy in my dreams. My own brother. Thomas. I jumped into the box and cradled him. "It's okay, Tommy. I'm here". I said, rocking him back and forth. "Where is this place? Where am I?!" He shouted. "Shh... Tommy, it's okay. You're safe. You're alright". I comforted him gently, stroking his hair. "What the bloody hell is going on?!" Newt shouted. I looked at him angrily. "This boy is my brother". I said.

Sorry this was so short, I promise the next chapter will be longer!