Annie .vs. Gally

Newt grinned and handed me a jar of amber liquid, swirling it around. "What is it?" I asked. He shrugged. "Gally's secret recipe. God knows what the shuck he put into it". I scrunched my nose and shook my head. "Fine". He took a swig and walked away toward the fights going on by the fire. Apparently Gally was the champion and could defeat every Glader here, but once I fire up a bit (literally) I'll fight him and teach him the meaning of strength. I smiled at the thought of slamming him into the ground. Not very healthy thoughts for a young girl, but whatever. "Hey, Annie". A voice said from behind me. It wasn't Thomas's. It was Minho's for sure. "Hey". I spun around and his eyes met mine. "Want some?" He and Newt were plotting something. I shoved the jar away and shook my head, squinting my eyes evilly. Something was up. He plopped down on the ground away from the fights, in a somewhat peaceful spot, his back against a pile of bags. I sat down beside him and stared out toward the Maze. "I'll fight Gally once I'm more comfortable with this whole bonfire thing". I said, breaking the awkward silence. "Really?!" "Yea..." I thought it might be normal. "Brave". He said, staring at the ground. "Minho, don't bring me back to our conversation earlier. I'm not brave. End of story". I sighed and sunk my back further into the bags. "Why do you keep denying it?" He asked, sitting up and waiting for an answer. "Because it isn't true". I mumbled, staring into the stars. "Annie-" "Minho, just let it go". I don't want to argue with him. And there it was. I had just created awkward silence.

"Ready?" Minho asked me. "Huh?" I shook myself out of my daze and focused on his brown eyes. "For what?" "The fight. Gally has successfully defeated about six Gladers. Your turn". He nodded his head towards Gally, who was cracking his knuckles and neck. "Fuuuuun". I muttered. I suddenly did not want to do this. "I'll make you a deal, Annie". Minho began, grinning. I nodded and he continued. "If you win, we'll call of the plan to make you drink," he grinned at the word 'drink' and I started to become curious if Gally somehow put alcohol into that shit. And I was right, they were plotting something. "And if Gally wins...?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. I wasn't really looking forward to this. "If Gally wins, you will have do drink a whole jar". His smile widened as my face grew pale and cold. I do not want to lose. I definitely want to win. I cracked my knuckles and headed towards the middle of the circle. Gally just laughed and rolled his eyes. "Little Annie want to join?" A random Glader asked. I kept my cool and nodded. Gally turned around and laughed, but surprised. "Fine". He settled down. He actually accepted?! "The goal is to not be thrown out of the circle. If you are, you lose". He grinned and held out his fists. I stood still, eyeing his formation and guessing what he might do next. "I've been watching these fights for an hour. He always does his form in the beginning, as soon as the bell goes off, he waits for about three seconds and then pulls a punch. Dodge it". Thomas said. I gave him a curt nod and he smiled. "Fight!" The Gladers yelled in unison. Gally began moving around in circles, speaking clearly "rules are simple, Annie, I try to push you out of the circle, you try to last more than five seconds". Everyone laughed and I took that as a joke. I'm fighting him whether he likes it or not. I blocked my face with my fists and counted. 1...2...3. He pounced my way and threw his fist at me. I dodged him and swirled behind him, backing up and thinking of my next move. I tried to kick him in the back but he grabbed my leg and threw me to the floor. I recovered quickly and smashed into his chest. He pushed me back but I got a foot hold and almost slid out of the circle. I took a deep breath and swung a fist at him, hitting his cheek. He was angry now. He threw at least three punches in two seconds and I dodged two, the last one hit me in the gut and I coughed out, then kicked his leg. He toppled over and jumped up, kicking me down. "This is taking longer than usual". Gally sighed, kicking my sides. I rolled away and hopped up, swinging a punch right past his face. Crap! He grabbed me by the collar and pushed me out of the circle. "Shit!" I screamed in frustration. Minho grinned and handed me the jar. The Gladers crowded around and I sighed, taking the jar from his hands and taking a swig. "Oh god!" I groaned, handing them the jar. They cheered and clapped, laughing as Gally shook my hand and congratulated me on how long I lasted.

"Let's call it a night, people!" Alby ordered, walking towards the Homestead. I frowned and followed him. "Alby". I said. He stopped and turned around. "I have a few questions". "Sure. Walk with me". He said. We heard the Gladers behind us still laughing and the fire burning out. "Why are you retracing Ben's footsteps? Why do you need to know where he went?" I asked. "Because we need to know where he died, where the Grievers killed him, so that we can maybe find out where the Grievers come from. Something like that..." He said. I nodded and thanked him, running toward the Homestead.

Hey everyone. This chapter was short, I know, but I was thinking maybe I could tell you guys a bit about myself. Just basic information so that you don't need to keep referring to me as "the author" or some shit like that, even if that sounds boss!

My name is Claire. So... Uh... Yea. Nothin special.

My favourite colour is blue. Sapphire blue O.o

I like The Lord Of The Rings, Harry Potter, The Maze Runner (obviously) The Hunger Games (Catching Fire is my fav!) STAR WARS lol and the Terminator movies.

I love music. I like U2, Foals, Bastille, Jon Bellion,James Hershey, Kygo, Tep No, Pink Floyd, The Smiths,
Van Halen, April Wine, Boston but tbh 80% of my music is just soundtracks haha.

Favourite video game is Guild Wars 2 (comment if you know it because apparently no one does lmao)

I love science and learning a lot of shit. ESPECIALLY SPACE. Lmao cant make a grilled cheese sandwich but I can name all the moons of Saturn 😳

Favourite book series is Arthur C. Clarke's space odyssey series (he's also my favourite author)

Class clown. Never takes anything seriously.

Straight lol.

I love cats, I have 2

I like any kind of stew or soup for food and I loooooove cheese!

I am fifteen years old and still act like a seven year old. So yea. A lot of info, so you've got to know me a bit.