Beetle Blades?

I've already asked a few Gladers to pinch me, they accepted, but no, I did not wake up from this nightmare. I was stuck in this place and I guess I'd have to deal with that for a while. In the meantime, I should at least try to make friends. I wandered around the fields until I found a small boy by a tree and sat down beside him. "Holy shuck! A girl?!" He shouted, his eyes wide. I nodded and sighed, realizing it was going to take a while before the whole Glade knew I was here. "My name's...." I stopped. I don't know what my name is.

"I'm Chuck". The boy said, stretching an arm out for me to shake. I smiled and shook it. I'm glad I've found a nice person to spend time with. "Yeah, I'll tell you what my name is when I remember it". I said while fisting some grass and throwing it away. "It's alright. It took me a few days to get my name back". "Thanks for the reassurance. The other boys aren't very good with that. They mostly say stuff like 'you're shucked' or 'you won't make the week' or stuff like that". He nodded before speaking, "You can trust me. I'm not like the others". He said. I believe that. "What about Newt, Minho and Alby? Can I trust them?" I asked. I've only talked to them once, but they seemed alright. "Yeah. Newt is an angel, you can always trust him. Alby... Uh... He's strict, but know that that's only because he wants to keep you safe. Don't get on his bad side, alright. Same with Minho". Alby didn't seem like a bad guy, of course. "Who's giving me my tour tomorrow?" I asked. Chuck shrugged. "It's probably going to be Alby, or it might be me or Newt. Newt's second in command so when Alby's not around, he's in charge". "Hey! Her questions are supposed to be answered tomorrow, not now, Chuck!" A voice shouted. I peeked over my shoulder to see a blonde haired boy. Not very attractive. "Sorry, Gally". Chuck said, looking down at the ground. Gally?

"I wonder why they sent a girl here. Maybe they want us to breed". Gally said. Oh, that's disturbing. "No". I couldn't think of anything else to say. Gally furrowed his eyebrows and knelt down beside me. "Why do you say that? Think you're not good enough to breed children?" He asked. "No. I'm awesome. But you guys suck and I wouldn't want my children to have your "qualities", thanks very much". I said. Gally frowned as if he was disappointed in my answer. "That's not very nice". He was being awfully calm. "Yep". "Respect me, kid. I could throw you in the Slammer any time I want". He warned. What the hell is the Slammer? Doesn't sound pleasant. "And in what way are you in the position to do that?" I asked, twinkling my eyes annoyingly. "Listen to me, Greenie. I wouldn't go around making enemies instead of friends. Givin' you one chance to apologize to me". He pointed at me, the thoughts probably going through his head that he was scaring me. "Sorry, Gally". I said, laughing after I said his name. "Think my name's funny do you?" (Draco Malfoy reference ;) yea) He asked. I shook my head, but he called my bluff when I laughed hysterically. "I'm not the one who doesn't know my own name". "You were all at this point one time in your life. You can't judge me for that, Gally". I explained. "I'm going to go before I want to punch you in the face more than I already do". "That makes two of us". I went in the opposite direction he left to and Chuck followed me. "Are you crazy?!" Chuck shouted. "He doesn't scare me". "He should. Go to the Homestead, Newt wants to talk to you about sleeping arrangements". I nodded and went toward the big house I assumed was the Homestead. I stopped on my way to a place called the Deadheads and looked at a few trees, deciding which one I would spend tomorrow in. This one looks nice and climbable. But... what's that thing on it? I got a closer look. It looked like a little metal bug. I reached up to touch it, but pulled back, realizing that wouldn't be a very good idea. "They're called Beetle Blades". A voice said from behind me. I spun around and a wave of relief spread through me as I looked up at his calm expression. "Hey, Minho. Are they harmful?" I asked. He shook his head and approached me. "Not unless you touch them". Good thing I didn't "I got to get to the Homestead. Newt wants to talk to me about sleeping arrangements". I said, stepping back from him. "Nah, we already talked about that. You'll be sleeping in my room". "WHAT?!" No, that is NOT a good idea. WHO THE HELL THOUGHT OF THAT?! "I'm safe. It's okay". He chuckled and shook his head. "We just don't want you to sleep out there with those... Boys". He said. I nodded, beginning to understand. It's either I sleep safely and awkwardly in another guys room or sleep out in the open with a bunch of hormonal teenage boys. Yup, I'm in Minho's room. "Alright, fine". "See ya, roomie". Minho left the woods and I laughed, shaking my head and wondering what odd feeling was rushing through my head at the moment.