The Perks Of Being A Med-Jack

"Go to sleep, Greenie. I don't want you treating people when you're tired". Minho mumbled from across the room. How the hell did he know I was awake?! "I can't". I answered, my voice muffled by the pillow my head was buried in. "Maybe it's because you're sleeping like that". I grunted and turned on my side and shut my eyes again. "Better?" He asked. "I'll find out if I fall asleep". "You will fall asleep". I groaned loudly. "C'mon, just shut your eyes and think of home. It doesn't matter if you don't remember your home. Imagine a place better than this. Better than the Glade. Okay?" He asked. I nodded and began to think of the place in my dreams. The forest. The small wooden cottage. Was that where my home was? Was I the girl in the dream? "Minho..." I whispered. "Yea?" "I think I remember a bit of my life". I said. "It was in my dream last night. There was this girl and a boy. The girl was shooting game in a forest for food. Her brother wasn't good with the bow but the girl was really good. I think that girl was me". "Did she have long blonde hair, olive skin and blue eyes?" He asked. Is that what I looked like? "Yea". "Then it might have been you. I had dreams of my life before this. The boy in my dreams apparently looked like me according to Newt". So no one knows what they look like? Haha. "Good night, Greenie". I snuggled into my pillow and grunted, hoping he would know that it meant "yea" in my language.

The family sat around their small dinner table and ate the special game that the girl shot. "This is spectacular". The father said. The girl smiled and Tommy looked down at his plate. "It's okay, Tommy. You can use Dad's knives and hunt with me". The girl said sweetly. She didn't want to make him sad. His face lit up like a candle and he nodded quickly. Tommy acted like the younger one, and that was usually why, in public, most folks thought the girl was older.

What was her name?! Come on, Weirdo, think! What was her name?! Please... Please.... Please...

"Let's go hunting tomorrow, sis". The boy said, shoving a forkful of venison into his mouth. The girl nodded in agreement. They had a peaceful life. After they got over their mother's death, they lived as a normal family. The girl was devastated when her mother died. She shared everything with her mother. Now it seemed like that's how she acted with Tommy. Her brother was truly the best brother she could ever ask for. He never pestered her or told her to leave him alone. They were always there for each other no matter what. Willing to risk anything for each other.

Where is my brother now? Is he dead? He's not in the Glade. I'd know. I know what he looks like. It's funny. I call him my brother and I didn't even remember his name or anything about him. Now I know. His name is Thomas. And I don't even know mine yet.

Usually, boys in the Glade tell me they woke up from their nightmares in a cold sweat, tears, or from a scream. I haven't had any nightmares yet. Maybe that's because I haven't been in the Glade long and my life was peaceful before this. That could also cause suspicion. Minho was gone again. In the Maze. "Oh no!" I shouted. The Med Jacks! Did I get up early enough?! I rushed downstairs and found Clint eating breakfast peacefully at a table. I ran up to Frypan, grabbed a plate of eggs and bolted toward Clint, plopping down across from. "Am I late?" I asked, panting. He laughed and shook his head. "Pretty early, actually".

"How'd you sleep?" He asked. "Good. I haven't had any nightmares yet. Just small dreams about my surprisingly peaceful past". I explained while popping some eggs into my mouth. "Excited to be a Med-Jack?" I nodded. "I'll be honest, if I had to choose my job, I'd be a Med-Jack". He beamed and munched on some toast. "You mean you don't want to be a Runner?" He asked. I shook my head. "That's weird. A lot of the Greenies want to be Runners". I spotted Chuck waving near the doors and he sat down beside me. "Hey, Chuckles". I said. He laughed. "What's up, Mystery Girl". I shook my head and pointed a finger down my throat. "Don't call me that". "Okay. I'll accept Chuckles, though. I kinda like that". He admitted. "So..." Chuckles began. Annora. "So....?" I asked. Annora! I felt a pounding headache coming on and I gripped my head. ANNORA! ANNORA! "Annora!" I shouted, then the pain went away. "What?" Clint asked. "I remember my name". (It's John Cena!!!) Clint smiled happily. "It's Annora". I stood up and jumped around. "Annora! My name is Annora!" I sang. Newt pat my back and grinned. "Congrats, Shank". He said. "Thanks... I think". Everyone cheered as I continued to dance like an idiot. "Finally. You can stop calling me Greenie". Newt smiled and I finished my eggs.

"Let's go, Annora". Clint said. I guess he enjoyed finally being able to call me something besides Greenie. "Kay". I followed him upstairs. I guess the top floor of the Homestead was also a hospital. Weird. "C'mon". Clint said, opening the door for me. In the room there was a shelf of remedies and concoctions, two chairs and a table and three beds. "This room only takes three patients at a time?" I asked. Clint nodded. "We've never had more than three patients at a time". Another guy walked into the room and sat in one of the two chairs. "Annora, this is Jeff. He's the other Med-Jack". Clint said. Jeff laughed. "I don't think I like the title 'the other Med-Jack". I didn't really plan on calling him that, of course. "We don't have any patients right now so I guess we could just chill". Jeff said, putting his feet up on the table. Clint sat in the other chair and grinned at me. "The perks of being a Med-Jack".

Yo! I will be writing more soon, very soon. But of course, on Monday I can not write because THANKSGIVING!!! YESSS fooood!