Teresa

"Hey Annie, come over here!" Newt called over to me. I nodded and made my way towards him.

"What is it? I mean besides the girl". I laughed a bit at the end but Newt's face stayed blank.

"A box came up for you". He shoved it into my arms and grinned.

"Don't worry. I didn't peek".

"Thanks Newt". He winked and I followed the path back to the Homestead, extremely anxious to open the box. What could it be? Wait a minute....

I set the box down and took a deep breath before ripping off the tape and open it. Inside, there was a small pile of clothes, beside it was another small box. I decided to take a look at the clothes first. There was another grey cotton shirt, similar to the one I had been wearing this whole month, a brown one, and jeans. Under that, there was a grey bra. And that was the end of the clothes. I reached for the small box and opened it. Oh....

I was actually very surprised they decided to send these now. I mean, I did come here a month ago and didn't get it so I'm assuming I did when I wasn't in the Glade. Thankfully, these arrived and next month I'd be safe.

"Thanks guys". I said, even though there probably wasn't a beetle blade around to hear me. Say, I wonder how that girl is doing. I repacked the box and jogged downstairs into the morning sun. A group of probably every Glader was standing below the watchtower with buckets and baskets shielding their heads. I cocked my head to the side in confusion and continued my walk, stopping at Newt's side.

"What's going on?" I asked. A second later, a pile of rocks was thrown on to the boys, as if the thrower was answering my question.

"I don't think she likes us very much". Newt said.

She?

"Teresa!" I shouted. The rocks stopped and Teresa peeked over the edge. "Can we talk girl to girl?" Her face stayed blank and I barely noticed when she threw a rock at me, hitting my shoulder. "Ow!"

"Hey!" A familiar voice shouted, pushing through the crowd.

"Really Thomas?" I asked.

"really"

He found his way to the front of the crowd. "Teresa!" He called. She did the same as she did with me and peeked over the edge.

"I'm Thomas... I'm coming up". We all started up in awe. He was able to restrain her. Why?

"Say, Annie? Have you met Teresa yet?" Newt asked. I shook my head.

"I haven't even looked at her yet". I answered, chuckling a bit.

"Well, my friend, that's going to change. Once Thomas brings her down, you guys are gonna be BESTIES!!!" Newt squealed, performing some weird jazz hand act. I stared with a bored face, attempting a smile, but it just came out as a disgusted constipated badger smile. Great.

"What?" Newt asked.

"Meeeh, I dunno. I remember I wasn't really friends with girls". He shrugged and nodded, blinking away the matter and facing back to the watch tower. "Thomas!"

"We'll be down soon!" Thomas replied. The boys nodded.

"Alright. Lunch time everyone!" Newt announced. Yes!

Definitely a short chapter, sorry!

I would just like to say, I am super happy and squeal almost every time I look at my activity. I'm so happy about how much reads and likes this story is getting! Thank you all so much and happy new year (even though it was 4 days ago) 😘