Mind Readers

A familiar face popped in the doorway as I munched on my sandwich, and I almost choked on it as his eyes met mine. Newt chuckled at my response and shook his head.

"Weirdo". Chuck said.

"I like him, okay?!" I snapped. Chuck widened his eyes.

"Jeez..." Not a second later, a felt something warm on the top of my head. I swear if someone dropped a sandwich on me, shits gonna go down.

"It's just me". A deep voice said.

Minho.

"Hey". I replied. He's kissing me... Minho and I weren't officially dating, and it would be super awesome if we were, but only a day ago he confessed his feelings for me. I wouldn't want to make him feel like I'm in a rush to start things off.

"Enjoying that sandwich?" He asked.

"Not as much as I'm enjoying this". I said, giggling. Newt wrinkled his nose and stopped eating for a brief moment before continuing.

"Get a room". Chuck groaned.

"We're already in a room". Minho and I said in unison. Great minds think alike.

"Don't they, though?" A girl's voice asked.

"Who are you?"

"I'm Teresa".

"How are you doing this?"

"I could ask you the same thing..."

"I can do this with Thomas because we're RELATED, but us... We're nothing to each other".

"I wouldn't be so sure about that. I've seen you in my dreams. You must be important to me".

I shook her voice out of my head and Newt raised an eyebrow.

"You okay?" Minho asked, sitting beside me and gripping my hand.

"Yea, I'm okay".

No I'm not.

<><><><><>

Newt's POV
~~~~~~~~~

I stopped dead in my tracks as Gally crossed paths with me. He glared at me and I grabbed his arm, jerking him towards me.

"You got somethin' to say, say it now". I warned him, staring into his eyes.

"You don't scare me. You're weak, and emotionally-" I slapped him across the face before he could finish and he gripped the side of his face.

"Don't you dare talk to me about that again. It was a long time ago, okay?"

"But you still feel it don't you?" I winced at his words.

"Stop it".

"You still feel that emptiness. You still want to end this. To go to a more peaceful place. What a coward".

"I said stop it!" I roared. He grinned and I felt my self control slipping away from me and I forced myself to keep it. I can't go to the Slammer.

"Coward. Coward. Newt the Coward. Think that fits him?" He asked the random Gladers around. "Newt the Cowa-"

"Gally the Shuckface. Hm... I like that". A voice said from behind him. His face turned to pure rage.

"What is your business in this, Annora?"

"Well, I just happened to see you bulling my friend. That's not very nice, is it?" She asked, putting her hand on her hip.

"Talk to me like that again, and you'll be put in the Slammer".

"Ohh, I'm petrified. I would kill you before you even touched me". She said while acting out a bored face and cleaning out her fingernails.

"Kill me? I'd like to see you try..."

"My pleasure". In a split second, she clawed the side of Gally's face and he gripped it, holding back a groan.

"Shit!" He exclaimed. He turned to Annie with rage and grabbed her arm, practically dragging her to the Slammer.

"Let me go you asshole!" She screamed.

"Don't call me that!"

"asshole!" A crowd of Gladers followed Gally and Annie and some of them want to help, but thought better of it because Gally was right, Annie hurt another Glader, and in Gally's current state, a single helping hand from another would set him off.

"Why is the love of my life being dragged to the Slammer?" Minho asked, raising an eyebrow.

"She hurt him".

"Why?"

"She was protecting me. He was... Bullying me and she "helped" me by scratching his face".

"Dammit, Annie". He shook his head in disappointment.

"How long do you think he'll put her in there?"

"Let's hope not long..." He said. A minute later, Gally came back from behind the Homestead and clapped the dust from his hands. He glared at Minho before pushing through the crowd.

"Control your god damn girlfriend". He muttered. Minho was about to go after him but I grabbed ahold of his arm.

"We don't need you in there, too, Minho". He bit his lip and nodded.

"Right. Sorry".

<><><><><><>

Annie's POV
~~~~~~~~~

Shuck. Why did Gally have to freakin' shove me in here. He could have just politely said "Annie, sorry but you have to go in the Slammer" instead of throwing me.

I jumped when a figure appeared in front of the Slammer. I couldn't quite make out who it was until he ducked into the bars.

"Minho-"

"Control yourself Annie. I shouldn't have to do it for you". He said, anger rising in his voice.

"He was talking about Newt-"

"Who cares?! Don't ever do that again! Gally is an asshole, you're right but you've just got yourself in trouble!"

"Oh, boo-hoo". I muttered sarcastically, crossing my arms.

"Annie! Listen to me! Don't ever do that again!"

"Or what, Minho?! I'm gonna get in big trouble?!" I screamed.

"Well yea!" Idiot. I don't see what the big deal is..

"I'll do it again". I muttered, walking up to the bars and holding them. His face twitched in anger and I smirked. "I'd do it a thousand more times. And then maybe they'll just kill me". I grinned.

"You're an idiot! You're a fucking idiot! Just shut up! If you want to be killed, go the hell ahead but don't come crying to me when you're in tears, waiting for them to throw you in the Maze". His eyes widened in horror as he realized something. "I'd have to do it... I'd have to kill you..." I raised an eyebrow and laughed.

"Don't act so hurt, Minho. It's not like you love me or anything". I said, the smirk growing even bigger.

He clenched his jaw and stood up. "I was going to get you out. But now I hope you stay in there and think about what you've done". I laughed.

"what am I, a five year old? Think about what you've done". I mimicked his deep voice and burst out laughing. He stuck up the middle finger and left.

Hey, friendos. I know, I know, Annie was probably being a bitch in this chapter and overreacting but I don't know, I felt that this story needed some Annie-Minho drama. Plz don't judge me XD