Chapter 19

Matt and Sam dropped Hudson off at his apartment and went home with Beau. They told him how proud they were of him. He stood up to the worst bully he could ever face and he won. They told him that he was going to continue to be homeschooled, Beau liked that idea. For the next few months child services would come in to check on the housing situation. Everything was fine and Beau's mental and physical health was improving. When they stopped coming by Sam and Matt wanted to see if Beau was up for a surprising idea.

"Beau! Could you come into the living room for a minute? You're not in trouble." Matt called from the bottom of the stairs. Beau was never in trouble, but Matt always added that to make sure Beau was not worried or panicked.

Beau came down the stairs. "Yeah?" He had gotten a binder, a few actually, so he felt comfortable wandering around. He sat down on the couch and looked over at his parents.

"We were wondering if you would be okay with..." Matt paused for dramatic effect. "Getting a baby sister. Around the age of two, almost three."

Beau smiled, but then it faded. "Wouldn't I hurt her? I mean...I couldn't...I couldn't live with myself if I hurt her of got violent around her..."

"But you've been doing so much better, bud! If you take you medication and honestly not want to hurt anyone then you'll be fine! You haven't hurt anyone in a while. Even when Hudson had something wrong and wouldn't tell you and you got mad at him. You didn't hit him or anything." Sam smiled widely. He knew Beau could be very gentle if he wanted.

After a very long and well thought pause, Beau answered. "Okay...I'd really like to have a sibling actually. I've never had one and it seems nice..." Beau smiled down at his lap.

"Great!!" Matt hopped up and hugged Beau tightly, who, in shock, hugged Matt back. This made both Matt and Sam smile.

A few weeks later the small family went to the adoption agency and adopted a small girl with dark black hair and pure green eyes. She was almost three and her name was lotus. Her eyes widened when she saw her new family. She wasn't a shy child, as she ran over and hugged matt's leg.

"Hi there!" Matt smiled down at the small girl, picking her up and kissing her cheek. "I'm you daddy! This is your older brother, Beau, and your other dad!" He showed the small child her family. Lotus reached out to everyone, smiling and giggling. She found it the easiest to say Beau's name. "Here, Beau you hold her." Matt smiled and handed Beau his sister.

Beau had never held something so precious and fragile. This small child was relying on Beau to keep her from getting hurt and making him keep her safe. Beau had never felt like this before and had no idea how to describe it. He softly smiled at Lotus. "Hi there, Lotus."

"Beau!!" She cheered and grabbed Beau's nose. "Nose!" She said again and laughed.

Beau playfully gasped. "Oh no! Where did my nose go?? Lotus! Did you steal my nose?" Lotus giggled and let go, shaking her head. "There it is! Thank you Lotus! You found it!"

Sam and Matt smiled at Beau. He was surprisingly well with Lotus. They were happy. They continued filling out the paper work and left when they were finished. Lotus waved goodbye to the building. The small family had gained a member, for the better.

Hudson came over more and more, Lotus liked him. Beau and him would play with Lotus and watch movies with her. They also did their own thing and had an extremely good relationship. Nothing drove them apart and they helped each other whenever something happened. Hudson had lots of nightmares, but Beau was their to calm them down and keep him safe. They would call and text each other everyday, whenever they couldn't see each other of course. They were almost with each other 24/7. Beau opened up more and more and had a better relationship with Matt and Sam than before. He even taught Lotus a lot of things. He taught her how to read and write her name. They were a good family. Beau felt at home with them, and it was the very first time he'd ever felt that way with any place. For the first time in Beau's life, he wanted to keep living and stay where he was. Everything had fallen perfectly into place, it was truly peaceful and perfection for everyone.