Chapter 5

Two other men came around the corner and grabbed Beau's arms. They dragged him through the door of the psychiatric ward. The doctor followed them, as Beau thrashed and yelled.

The doctor explained to the other doctors in the ward about Beau. They didn't seem to disturbed by Beau's brash actions and calls of distress. The other patients, however, were becoming restless too. They started acting up because Beau was. The nurses and doctors ran over to calm them down.

Beau saw all of the franticness of everything and started panicking. The men didn't let go of Beau either. Everything started reminding him of the fighting ring and his awful parents, dragging him out of the basement. The violence in Beau quickly turned into a panic attack, which only happened on very few occasions.

One of the nurses ran over and shooed the two men to get a blanket and something soft, like a pillow.

"Hey...shh...look. Look. It's okay." The nurse tried shushing Beau. The men returned with the blanket and a slightly large stuffed lamb. She put the things around Beau.

Beau's breaths were short and fast. He kept holding himself and not letting anyone see or touch him. He threw off the blanket at first, but the nurse put it back. Beau hugged his knees and started yelling. Finally letting out some words. "GET AWAY! I DONT WANT TO STAY HERE!" He yelled.

The nurse noticed Beau's panic had settled, so she got him to stand. She lead him over to a soft chair, where he promptly shoved her away.

Beau started getting violent again. He made a run for the doors, only to be caught by the two men. One of them pulled out a needle, which caused Beau to thrash around more. Considering he was used to having people nearly do something to him while being held, Beau simply knocked the needle out of the man's hand. "LET GO OF ME!! YOURE JUST LIKE THE REST! YOURE NEVER GOING TO LET ME OUT OF HERE! You're just going to keep me here forever! You're going to make me your prisoner! Just like the rest!"

The men let go of Beau, who was now crying. This was a rare sight. They started calming Beau down.

"Hey, little guy it's okay. We just didn't want you getting hurt, okay? We aren't going to keep you prisoner." One man spoke calmly and clearly.

"YES YOU ARE! SHUT THE FUCK UP!!" Beau tried to hit the man, but his wrist was caught. Beau balled up the other hand and wiped his face.

"Do you want to talk to someone? I promise, no, I swear! No one will repeat what you say." The man let go of Beau's wrist. He helped Beau into the therapist's office in the middle of the big room.

Beau was seated on a big comfy chair in front of a really nice lady. He was also given a blanket and his jacket, which was dropped outside earlier. Beau pulled the blanket around himself and didn't look at the lady. He had been to therapy before, but not without anyone watching him or waiting outside. There were no camera, no officers, no one outside listening in. There were people outside, but they weren't doing anything.

"Hi Beau. It is okay to call you Beau right?" The very nice lady therapist asked. She seemed very concerned about this question. Beau nodded. "Oh, okay, good." She smiled. "I'm Lisa-Kate. You can call me either of those names or both, if you want." Another nod. "So, what's wrong?" Nothing. "Um, how did you hurt your head?" Nothing. "How are you feeling?" Nothing. "This is a safe place to talk. You don't have to be scared. No one else will hear any of this! Not in anyway! I'll even lock away the notes! Cross my heart!" Lisa-Kate crossed her heart with her fingers.

"I got in a fight... I was slammed against the concrete, twice. I want to go home... I'm scared and I don't know what to do. If I do what I'm suppose to do I'll get injected with something! If I don't do something I get a blanket and I don't know what to do. It freaks me out!" Beau finally spoke up.

"What are you suppose to do when you're afraid?" Lisa-Kate asked.

"I'm suppose to fight when I'm afraid. If I fight what I'm afraid of I should be stronger... Everyone is telling me to sit still, be quiet, don't disturb the others, don't do that!" Beau was looking around the room. He saw something on the shelf that he liked and just stared at it.

"You don't need to be quiet. We just didn't want the others to be scared. You don't want them to be scared, do you?" She asked, following Beau's eyes. "You can pick it up if you like it."

Beau looked back at her. "But...what if I break it? I don't want to break it..." He was afraid to hold the object.

"If you don't want to break it, then you'll be careful. If you're careful then you won't break it. Go on. It's okay." He therapist smiled.

Beau got up and picked up and large snow globe. It had a small white and dark green forest with small owls in the trees. On the side there was a key. Beau twisted it and a soft song started playing. He sat back down with the snow globe in his hands.

"I got it from a friend. You're the first one to notice it." Lisa-Kate smiled.

"I like it..." Beau said quietly. "Is...calling you Kate okay?"

"Yes. It's perfectly fine." Beau was the only one to call the therapist by 'kate' instead of 'Lisa'. "Is there anything I should really know about your past? Anything traumatic?"

"Well..." Beau waited for the music to stop. He continued holding it in his lap. "It's a long story..."

"We have all the time in the world. Take as long as you need. I'm all ears." Kate smiled, leaning back in her chair.