Chapter 12

The next day Beau was completely silent. Everyone said their goodbyes, Hudson told Beau to text or call him everyday when he wasn't in school. Beau got into the car with his birth parents and shut the door, dreading this already.

The first thing Beau's mom said to him was an insult. "Why is your hair so short? Are you trying to look like a boy? You need to wear more dresses, Beatrice!"

Beau cringed at that name "Beatrice". That was not his name. The comments just kept coming.

"You used to be such a pretty girl. Why did you run away from your aunt! God, she was so worried about you! We should visit her. She'd be glad to see you. We could buy you some pretty clothes." This one way conversation continued. Beau's mom continued talking as if Beau was a girl.

Finally, Beau spoke up. "I'm not a girl..." He said quietly, but they still heard him.

"Do not interrupt me, young lady!!" Beau's mom yelled.

"We didn't raise you like this! You're suppose to be an obedient little girl, got it?! That's how we raised you!!" Beau's dad was yelling at him for practically nothing.

"...you didn't raise me and I'm not a girl..." Beau mumbled quietly again.

"Shut up!! You are a girl!! You were born a girl! You're not a boy, so stop trying to trick everyone into thinking that! We did to raise you!! We raised you until someone called the cops, because someone told a teacher!! You aren't to tell anyone! Get it?!" Beau's dad kept screaming at him. Beau didn't answer. "Get it?!?!" He yelled louder. Beau nodded. "I want a verbal response!"

"Got it." Beau said quietly, not saying anything else.

"Good!" He started muttering swear words and calling Beau names. He and Beau's mom were mumbling things about Beau. He could clearly hear them.

When they arrived at Beau's old house his heart sank and his stomach flopped. He felt sick, like he was about to pass out. They parked the car and got out. Beau didn't speak a word as they walked in the house.

"Are you starting to remember your old house?" Beau's mom asked, acting like nothing ever happened.

"I never forgot..." Beau mumbled. He constantly had nightmares about this house.

"I told you to stop speaking like that! Sound like a girl! Like when you were young." Beau dad commanded, but Beau didn't know how to.

Beau just nodded and went into his old bedroom, he didn't even have to be shown. It was the same as always. A small closet, small bed that he probably didn't fit in anymore. Beau usually slept on the floor anyway. The only other thing in the room was a desk, it was covered in cuts and nicks. Beau dropped his things and pulled out his knife. He carved "help me" on the desk and flopped onto the old mattress. Beau laid on his back and spun his knife around in his hand, watching it.

Beau's mom walked in, Beau quickly hid the knife. "Hey, Bea why don't you see if any of your old friends are here." She smiled and looked over at Beau.

"Okay..." Beau muttered, shoving the knife into his pocket and walking past his mom. He went outside and looked down the street, a few people were out. He thought he recognized someone, so he wandered over in that direction.

As Beau was passing, a voice called him. "Hey!! Beau!!!" The voice got closer and closer until Beau turned around to a girl towering over him.

"Day!!" Beau yelled, jumping on the girl. "I didn't know you were still here! Oh my god!"

"Duh! Where else would I have gone? No one wants a weird teenager!" Day laughed, setting Beau down. The two had been friends since Beau was eight. They met again in the fighting ring, where Day nearly killed someone for picking on Beau. She was then kicked out of the ring, leaving Beau alone.