Chapter 3

The next morning Beau went back to his normal self. Matt and Sam took him to school, making sure he was okay. Beau said he was fine and he left the car. Hudson met up with him and they went inside.

For the next couple of days Hudson hung out with Beau. Considering Hudson was so friendly he and Beau got along well. For the first time Beau actually opened up to someone. He told Hudson about things he hadn't told others about. Hudson also opened up to Beau as well. Beau didn't tell Hudson about the fighting ring, but he did talk about his parents, if only a little.

When Friday rolled around Hudson had to do something, leaving Beau alone. Beau was okay with it, considering Hudson told him to text if anything was wrong. Beau trusted and liked that about Hudson.

"Hey! Walker!" A voice called from behind Beau. It was after school hours.

Beau turned around to face the voice. He knew that whoever called him had to have known who he was, considering his last name wasn't "walker" anymore. "What do you want, Rick?" He knew this person from the fighting ring. He had fought Rick many times before, beating him each time.

"I thought that was you. No one could be that short." Rick snorted, leaning down towards Beau. "Didn't know you were at this school. I thought you were still living it up with your dads~" he teased. Beau was one of the only fighters to actually get adopted.

"Oh shut up. You know I was the only one picked because I didn't try to murder anyone!" Beau glared at Rick.

"Murder? We never tried to murder you! Only one of us!" Rick laughed as someone else came over and hooked his arm around Rick.

"Beau! You're here?" The larger guy said, followed by a booming laugh.

"Great..." Beau mumbled. "Listen, just leave me alone. Okay? I'm done fighting..."

"But we were just about to get the ring back together?" The larger of the two said, smirking.

"What?! Leave me out of it!!" Beau started walking away. He didn't want any part of the ring anymore.

"Ah! Where are you going?? You were one of the best fighters!! Besides me of course." The large guy laughed, holding Beau by the hood of his jacket.

"No way! Leave me the fuck alone, Mark! I don't need you anymore!!" Beau struggled to get free.

"I'll make you a deal. We fight. You win, you don't have to see me anymore. If I win, you join the ring again. Got it?" Mark tossed Beau aside.

"Fine!! Let's just get this over with..." Beau grumbled. The three walked to the back of the school, where a small group was gathered. Beau glared at all of them. He knew them all. He fought them all, most were wins, but some were losses.

"Alright!!" One guy stepped into the middle of Beau and Mark. "You know the rules! No weapons!" He looked at Beau, who rolled his eyes and tossed down a knife. "Don't kill the other person! Let them give in! And no illegal moves! Ready. Set. FIGHT!!" the boy stepped away.

Beau charged at Mark, nailing him in the stomach. Mark grabbed Beau and flipped him upside down, slamming his head on the concrete. Beau knew that was an illegal move, but no one seemed to call it. They knew what was planned. Beau flailed around, kicking Mark in the face and getting free. Luckily he regained his balance and landed on his knees. Mark growled and wiped blood from his nose. Beau didn't notice the blood coming from his head, nose, and mouth.

Mark ran over and grabbed Beau. Beau started flailing again, wriggling free. He got to mark's shoulders, flipping off a bit and kicking him in the back. This knocked Mark down, but Beau landed on his feet. Mark got back up and grabbed Beau, putting him in a headlock. He dragged Beau around, making him dizzy. He then slammed Beau down again, standing on his arm. Beau grabbed Mark's ankle, clawing it till he drew blood. He then jabbed dirt into the new, open, wound. Mark cringed and got off. Beau stood, he charged again towards Mark, who grabbed him. Mark held Beau by the collar of his jacket and pulled back his arm and hit him in the head. Beau was trying to pull away the whole time.

Suddenly Mark's hand was grabbed. It was Hudson who grabbed it. "Really? You're picking on someone who's half your size?" Hudson glared. Mark's hand turned completely into ice. He couldn't use his hand or elbow. "Drop him before I shatter it." Hudson said sternly and seriously.

Mark panicked and dropped Beau with a thud. "What the fuck did you do to my arm?!" He tried desperately to get the ice off. To no avail. The gang of people started backing away from Hudson.

Hudson glared at all of them. He made a small patch of snow form in his hands, which he then turned to a sharp ice cycle. He threw it passed Mark's face so it cut him and nearly hit a kid behind him. Hudson then grabbed Mark's arm and broke it within the ice so he didn't feel it. It was clearly going into hypothermia, Hudson got rid of the ice before it could. "You can deal with a broken arm. Clearly he took more damage than you did. Now. GET LOST BEFORE I CALL THE COPS OR KILL YOU!!" Hudson yelled as the whole gang scrambled off, yelling.

Beau looked up at Hudson from the pile of himself on the ground. He glared at Hudson before his eyes went soft. "I've had worse..." He muttered, standing. He wobbled for a bit, before falling onto Hudson.

Hudson held Beau in place. He grabbed the knife that was left, discarded on the ground. He then picked up Beau and took his phone. He called Sam from Beau's phone.

Sam picked up in a hurry. "Beau! Oh thank god.. Where are you? What's happened?"

"Uh...it's not Beau... It's Hudson. Beau needs to go to the hospital. Like now..." Hudson explained, looking down and over at Beau, who was limply on his back.

"No...!" Beau whined from his spot on Hudson. "I'm fine! I've had it worse... I fought...ba...to...mmm..." He started drifting off.

"Stay awake! Stay awake!" Hudson started hopping up and down to keep Beau awake.

"Oh my god..." Was the last thing said over the phone. Sam and Matt were already on their way over to Beau and Hudson.

When they arrived, Beau was nearly asleep. "I've had it worse!!!" He cried when they put him in the car. Hudson kept Beau comfortable and awake. They rushed to the hospital where Beau was taken to the emergency room. Hudson saw Mark in the waiting room with his foster parent and Rick. They glared at each other.