Chapter 7

Beau had fallen asleep by the time Kate had finished writing. After about ten minutes a guy came in and gently picked Beau up. He held the small boy close and brought him out to the large room from before. In there he was placed on another large recliner chair and left there to nap. People would try and come up to him and pester him, but someone would always move them away. Beau rested there for about two hours, before being woken up by a nightmare. He screamed and sat up.

A nurse rushed over and checked if he was okay. "Do you need anything? Are you alright? Was it a nightmare? Did someone touch you?" The nurse asked him all kinds of questions.

"I'm okay... It was a nightmare... C-can I have some water?" Beau asked shyly, wondering how he got in this room again.

The male nurse nodded. "Sure thing." He left and came back a minute later with a glass of water. He gave it to Beau, who drank it and thanked the nurse. "Okay, just tell me if you need anything else. There's colors over there, and a piano over there. You can go to either of them. Oh, but, please don't bang on the piano keys."

Beau nodded and got up. He went over to the piano and sat on the bench. Someone was standing on one end, playing the same couple of notes over and over again. "Uh...could I play?" Beau asked. The lady playing nodded and stopped.

Beau placed his hands down and looked at the keys. He started really slow and started getting faster. He began playing a nice song. Beau, surprisingly had learned how to play while in the fighting ring. People liked listening to him, so he would learn more songs.

The lady beside Beau was smiling. She was an older woman, but acted like a child. She enjoyed Beau's playing and swayed to the tune. Soon more and more people gathered around the grand piano to listen to Beau. Even the nurses and doctors listened to him. Beau smiled to himself. He liked to make people happy with his music. He would play songs people knew.

Everyone was mumbling and saying they liked this kid. Beau was enjoying himself and nearly forgot where he was. It was only for a day. He was glad he could be enjoying this part at least.

After an hour of playing and cheering, the doctors told the patients to go to bed. Some had rooms, but one day patients could stay in the main room if they wanted to. Beau wanted to stay in the main room. He would sneak over some pencils and paper and draw. He finally fell asleep at around three in the morning. One of the nurses came and took the drawing things away. The pictures were really nice. She put them beside Beau's chair and walked off.

In the morning Beau was woken up by people moving and talking. He sat up and tossed the blanket off. He started walking around, waiting for his parents to show up and take him away from here.

There was a girl sat at the drawing area, drawing and occasionally throwing things. She'd sigh or groan and go pick it up. When she threw another marker Beau walked over. He picked the marker up and gave it back to her. She looked up. "Uh...sorry..."

"It's fine. I noticed you kept throwing it..." Beau sat down beside her. He looked down at the drawing. It was of one of the nurses. It was really amazing. "wow. I really like your drawing!"

"Heh...uh...thanks..." The girl smiled, before suddenly hitting Beau in the chest. It wasn't that hard, but she still hit him. "I'm sorry!! I didn't mean to! I'm sorry! I'm so so sorry!"

"Um...you're okay. I'm used to people hitting me." Beau gave the girl a sideways look.

"No, I mean... Everyone tells me to apologize every time I do that! Anything like that if someone's around." The girl frowned and her hand started grabbing random things. She grabbed onto Beau's arm. "Sorry!" She couldn't get her hand off, so she used her other hand to remove it.

"Um...why does it do that?" Beau kept looking at the girl's hand. It eventually stopped moving and went back to normal.

"I don't know...it's something weird about me...I'm sorry." She sighed and held something in her hand to keep it from moving. Beau guessed she had been holding the marker, and that's why she kept throwing it.

"No. It's really okay. I'm surprised you can draw that well even with that hand of yours... It's kinda...cool." Beau smiled at the girl.

"Really? You're the first to say it's cool..." The girl smiled back. She had never received a compliment before.

"Well, I do think it's cool." Beau just kept watching the girl draw. If she threw the marker, he would retrieve it.