Chapter 8

A few hours later and no one had come to pick up Beau. He started to worry that they had forgotten about him. It was three in the afternoon when they actually came to get him.

Beau saw Matt and Sam walk in and started running over to them. He hugged onto Matt, not letting him go. Matt smiled and hugged him back. Same, on the other hand, was checking Beau out. The therapist that Beau had talked to came out and told something to Sam. They both turned to the small teen.

"What?" Beau hugged Matt harder. "I'm not staying here again...you can't make me!!" Matt was basically his hostage.

"No, no. You aren't staying another night, I just think that you should come back for therapy. That's all. Just with me." Kate smiled reassuringly. She never made Beau feel uncomfortable.

"Okay..." Beau mumbled. He looked behind Matt and saw Hudson. He immediately ran over and jumped onto him. "Hudson!!!"

"oh! Hi there Beau." Hudson chuckled and set Beau down. "Are you feeling okay? You actually seem happy for once." He teased.

"Hey, I can be happy. It just depends." Beau shrugged. "Can we go now? Please?"

"Yeah. I checked you out already. We can go." Sam said, walking over to his husband and putting an arm around him. The four of them walked out, getting into the car and driving home.

"Oh, Beau, Hudson is probably going to stay with us for a bit." Matt explained. He and Sam went into the living room and sat down.

"Um, okay?" Beau went off to his room, dragging Hudson with him. He closed the door once they were both inside. "Why are you staying?"

"Arthur is going to be gone for a while, and I can't stay alone. We've tried it before and somehow I ended up at Russell's house. I think they had to bring me there." Hudson shrugged like it was no big deal.

"Arthur's your roommate? And Russell's your friend..." Beau tried to remember. He constantly got names and faces confused.

"Yeah. Long story short I'm staying with you cause...ya know. No parents and all." Hudson shrugged again.

"I guess..." Beau mumbled and sat on his bed. He started to remember his therapy. The memory of nearly killing someone. He hugged himself and shook.

"Hey, Beau...what's wrong?" Hudson sat next to him and put his arm around him.

"No! Stop!!" Beau shoved Hudson off, knocking him to the floor.

Hudson looked up at Beau. He tried to get his attention. "Beau... Beau~ beauy. Beau." Nothing was getting him.

Beau turned away and hid in the blankets. He didn't want to hurt Hudson, but he needed to punch something.

"Beau, I'm right here. What do you need?" Hudson turned Beau around. He looked him in the eyes and Beau looked back. "Do whatever you need to do to stop."

"I can't... You'll get hurt!" Beau was being pinned down by Hudson. There was a really long pause. The two boys just stared at each other, doing nothing. "I don't..." Beau started. He calmed down and just looked at Hudson.

Hudson leaned down and kissed Beau, without thinking. He was still on top of Beau when they kissed. He pulled back and looked back at Beau.

Beau's eyes darted around Hudson and around the room. "Y-you gonna let me up...?"

Hudson quickly got off of Beau and just awkwardly sat on the bed. They just sat there for a moment.

"It's hard to say...but...I love you too... It's easy to say to you..." Beau said quietly, pulling up his knees.

"Thanks. I guess...?" Hudson laughed and pulled Beau into a hug. "Are you feeling okay?"

Beau nodded and hid his face.

"You sure? I mean you did just do all that..." Hudson pointed out. He wasn't making the situation any better.

"Just-..." Beau untangled himself and laid back down. "Come here."

Hudson smiled and laid next to Beau, who instantly cuddled up to him. "Never would've thought you were a big softy."

"Well...I actually had to sing and stuff to get money sometimes...I was the smallest and cutest...I did most of the work." Beau muttered into Hudson's side.

"You sang?!" Hudson sat up, making Beau fall over slightly. "Aww!! That's adorable!"

"No...it's really not..." Beau sat up as well, blushing. "It wasn't good..."

"No!! C'mon! I bet you sounded amazing!" Hudson's big goofy smile was plastered onto his face.

"It sounded stupid...it was just an act. I would be out there in the cold with someone else who was bigger than me. We'd pretend to be siblings who needed money. I was always suppose to be nine or whatever...people felt pity for me. One tried to adopt us...I should've taken the offer..." Beau explained.

"Oh...well, I'm glad Matt and Sam are your parents. They're nice and stuff... They let me stay here...with you." Hudson smiled again, softer this time.

"Yeah...I don't tell them that though...even though I do appreciate them...I wouldn't want them to leave..." Beau smiled to himself.

"Aww..." Hudson muttered. "Ya know...I don't know if people tell you this, but you're honestly really kind..." Hudson turned towards Beau, smiling. Beau looked up in confusion. "Yeah. You are."

"I don't-...no..." Beau looked away, hugging himself. He didn't believe Hudson.

"You are though! You're really kind...you don't see it, but I do." Hudson kept smiling at Beau.

"I fought people, Hudson! I fought tons of other kids! I put them in conditions that hospitals were needed in order to fix them! We weren't given hospitals! All we were were a bunch of playing cards! We fight and get bet on. The best one wins! Wins all the cash! We got none of it." Beau was having none of what Hudson was saying. He had been told that he was a terrible organism all his life, so that's all he believed.

"That's all in the past! Look at where you are now. If you weren't loving, how could we be dating?" Hudson put his hand on Beau's head and smiled.

Beau's face flushed. He tried to hide his red face in his shirt. "We're dating...?" He said quietly, not really wanting to be heard.

"Yeah! Duh! I kissed you!" Hudson got closer to Beau's face. He was trying to be cuddly.

Beau looked away from Hudson. His face was too red and he didn't want Hudson to see. Beau had never had love before, so it was awkward and uncomfortable for him to show.

"Aww..." Hudson pouted. "C'mon..." He picked Beau up and placed him on his lap. Hudson leaned back, letting Beau sit on his stomach just a tad.

"Hudson..." Beau whined, blushing still. He wouldn't admit to it, but he actually liked this. After a while, Beau slowly started lying on top of Hudson. He slid closer and kissed Hudson.

The two started making out while Beau lay, straddling Hudson stomach a bit because he was so short. Their hearts raced as they stayed there together.