Chapter 17

Beau didn't speak. He stared at the snow globe, not saying a word or showing any expression. He was reverting back to his old self, not letting anyone in. Kate would not let him do that. "Beau, you need to tell me what happened or I can't help you. You know nothing will happen if you tell me, but you need to tell me if you want to get better."

Beau shifted in his seat and put the blanket over his head, turning the music box key. He listened to the music box and didn't come out of the blanket. "Beau..." Kate sighed. Beau held out one finger and let the music box finish.

He didn't come out of the blanket, but he did begin to speak. "I went back..." Beau began. "They forced me to go back to my old parents...I was there for three days. It was suppose to be a week. They called me 'she' and 'Beatrice'. I'm not a girl!!" Beau poked his head out. "Every time I tried to correct them they would yell at me!! When I got to the house they took all of my things, the I left at that house, and locked them in the basement. When I saw them doing it and got caught they called me 'useless'!! Just like fucking before!! It was like nothing changed! The same shit! They just told me to go to my room!! I didn't get any food and it was the early afternoon! Hudson was the one who gave me food! The next day!!" Beau's eyes were filling his tears. He wiped them away, but they kept coming. "Somehow I got into so much trouble, over nothing, that my dad took me into my room-" he sniffled and started wiping his tears with the heals of his hands. His face was completely red and he looked a mess. "He threw me to the g-ground and starting beating the shit out of me!" He sobbed. "He was calling me names I don't want to repeat! He hit my head and gave me a black eye and a few broken ribs! I've had people do the same, but I've always been able to fight back! If I even moved, he would slam me against the ground and call me 'worthless'!! He grabbed my hair and started shouting 'a girl shouldn't have short hair! Why the fuck are you being an idiot?! What the hell is wrong with you?! Are you a tranny?! Well, you have a vagina!! If you don't start acting like a girl, I'll make you and show you! You will be fucking sorry!!' Th-then he slammed my head against the wall and kicked my stomach. He left the room and I vomited blood..."

Beau was a complete mess, sobbing and hugging himself. "Dear god...Beau. I don't-okay, you can NOT ever go back there! I'm going to talk to Matt and Sam and get them to get a lawyer. I don't want those people anywhere near you. H-how did you get back to them?" Kate knew that whatever she said, wouldn't help. Beau needed attention and love and comfort, everything that Matt and Sam, and Hudson, could provide better than her.

"I-I went to school the next day, a teacher sent me home and I ran away...they still don't know I'm found. Only the hospital and my REAL family and Hudson. It was raining and I showed up at Hudson's apartment...now I'm here..." Beau was shaking and staring at his lap, traumatized.

"Well, if you're here then the police have probably been notified that you've been found. And your parents too... Now, I know that's not what you want to hear! Believe me, none of us want to hear that, but we need to talk to them. This guardianship battle over you needs to end, you need to be with Matt and Sam and we're solving that as soon as possible. They're the ones that you need to be around, and who can help you. Okay?" Kate had gotten down on Beau's level, looking him in the eyes. His blue watery eyes looked back at her, crying out for help. "We are all going to help you, but Matt and Sam will help you more than me right now. Let's go, okay?" Beau nodded and got up, handing the snow globe back to Kate. "No, you keep it. You need it..."

Beau looked down at the snow globe, he paused for a moment before hugging Kate. "Th-thank you..." He sniffed.

"Let's go see them..." Kate let Beau stand on his own, she then took his hand like a small child. Beau didn't seem to mind, he didn't have a childhood so being a child troubled him.

The two went to find Matt and Sam and Hudson. They were in the waiting room, a lawyer, and Beau's parents were there too. Debbie and Conrad looked over at Beau. "There you are!! You gave us a heart attack! Dear god!!" Debbie said, coming closer to him with Conrad.

Beau slightly hid behind Kate, raising the snow globe as if to throw it or hit someone with it. He didn't speak, just glared at the two adults coming towards him.

"Beatr-" Conrad started, but Beau shouted back at him.

"Don't fucking call me that!!" He yelled, clutching the snow globe. He growled slightly and narrowed his eyes more.

"You will not speak to me like that!!" Conrad sneered and stormed closer.

Sam stepped in front of Kate and Beau. "You aren't going to lay a hand on my child!" He shoved Conrad back when he came close.