Part 18// Is it too late?

I spent the last few month trying to figure out how I was going to approach Myles.. How I was going to even talk to him. When I was gonna talk to him. He's very upset with me and so is Jake. Jake is like a brother to me. On top of that I'm in college now. School was hard for me after what happened.. I lost all contact with them and I don't know what to do about it nor how. I barely passed my classes by a hair and Erick has a girlfriend. She doesn't like me much, and I don't understand why.

I'm go to a community college because I'm not comfortable leaving the comfort of my home not stable. Yeah I know, it's been months. I had new friends come and go and I realized I didn't need any new friends. I needed my man back. I needed to start loving myself like I did before.. before I can love and befriend anyone else.

I think it's kind of funny how Erick only comes over when his girlfriend doesn't know but I mean, at least he still comes over. I should be greatful. His presence always makes me happy plus momma loves him.

I got up and walked downstairs to make some breakfast. It's raining and as usual I smell and hear maple bacon sizzling on the skillet. I walk around the corner and I see grits, bacon, waffles, biscuits and gravy, OJ.. I'm in Heaven. I'm kind of konfuzled though, she only makes a breakfast this good when she has a love interest.

So mother.. What's the purpose of all this? She looked at me kind of annoyed but maybe that's just her face.

Wouldn't you like to know.

Yeah um I do. I said as I grabbed a fork and a plate as I sat down.

I met this guy the other night. Mm go figure.

I ate my food as she began to tell me about him. How he was a genuine guy and how he just really loves her. She twirled her weave while jumping back from the grease in the skillet. Then kept going on and on about this guy. Like I just wanna meet him. I wanted to just be a grouch and tell her to stop because she was making me think about Myles.

After eating I walked upstairs upset and called Jake. Did I think he would answer? No. But he did. Taken back all I could murmur was a hello.

Uh hey

Hey Jake.. Mm how've you been?

Good I guess. Just good to be back home after tour. I could hear him smiling.

How's Myles been?.. And then I heard his voice drop.

He's been okay. Not any better from a few months ago..

I want to see him and apologize

I.. I don't think that's a great idea.

Jake please.. I need to say sorry and I need to just... Warm tears strolled down the sides of my cheeks. I just couldn't help it. I was a mess.

I just- I need to apologize to him and it's better if I do it face to face so please?

He sighed and agreed. We set up a date to where I could fly out there and Myles would never know.

It was time to grow up.