Chapter 7 Home Sweet Home Or So I Thought

Start from the beginning

I turned my phone to airplane mode and started to listen to music.

All-American Reject's song Dirty Little Secrets. (AN:/ Do NOT own this song)

I very quickly fell asleep.

********(Aleks's POV)

*DING DING*

My phone buzzed. I looked over and saw I had a message from AJ.

From AJ: Im heading towards the plane :/

Ohh I never knew she was going to be in Colorado this quickly.

From AJ: talk to u in a bit

To AJ: ok have fun :P

I thought maybe I'd try to be funny because she doesn't seem too thrilled about going.

She soon replied

From AJ: dont tell me that im going to die in there

Wow maybe she doesn't like planes more than I thought.

To AJ: y?????

From AJ: I HATE planes......... I HATE heights

To AJ: o.........have fun with that.

I thought why not be a little cheeky... It's not going to hurt anyone.

From AJ: X_X

Wow another one of those faces. I didn't know what else to say so I didn't say anything at all.

"Heyy Aleks!" Eddie yelled with Hispanic lisp. (AN:/ no racism intended)

"What do you want Eddie?!" I whined joking around.

"Come hereeee!" He whined back.

I stood up from the comfortable couch and walked over to the source of the noise.

"What." I said annoyed.

"Can you please take Puppy Chef out for a walk?" He pleaded gesturing towards the bull dog on the floor.

I rolled my eyes and went over to the closet to get his leash. I hooked the leash to Puppy Chef's collar and walked towards the door. I left and went down the street.

I looped the corner and saw police cars, ambulances, and fire trucks.

I started to panic and picked up Puppy Chef and sprinted back down the street.

I looked up to see smoke spilling from the windows of the apartment building.

I flipped out stomping my foot on the ground, spinning in a circle and mentally cursing out whoever started the fire.

To calm myself I hugged Puppy Chef hoping that Eddie made it out.

"HEY ALEKS!!!" Someone yelled. I turned to see Eddie standing there wrapped in a blanket. I ran up to him.

Puppy Chef started barking probably glad to see Sly. I place the bull dog on the ground and immediately start asking questions.

"Are you ok?"

"Yes! I would be in that ambulance if I wasn't!"

He had a good point.

"Did you start the fire?"

"NO! WHY WOULD YOU THINK THAT! Ok..... it was me.."

"REALLY SLY!? WHAT DID YOU DO!"

He looked at the ground and at Puppy Chef.

"I was making grilled cheese sandwich and I left it for a moment and forgot until I smelled something burning and the kitchen was on fire."

I looked up to the building to see that it was no longer smoking.