Dreaming Alone: Chapter Fifteen

"Do you have everything you need?" Alexander asked as he waited for me to lock the house.

"I do" I nodded and we both walked towards his car.

"I am so glad grandmother asked mother to let us stay with her for a week. I've been dying to get a day off and a week off is so much better."

"Lucky for me, I can work wherever."

My brother smiled as I plugged in my phone to his car so we can have some music while he drives. It's been two weeks since Wil and Faith left town and they've been pretty busy which left me to focus on working. I didn't know I can work more than I did before.

I would've taken more clients if my grandmother didn't call to tell me she misses her only twin grandchildren and that she doesn't want to be alone on our grandfather's death anniversary.

I only got to Skype with Faith twice until she got so busy with her boss breathing down her neck. Wil on the other hand got busy since day one. He only gets to text me once or twice a day, most of his messages consists of him missing me or missing how he got more time to talk before than nowadays. I tried my best to comfort the two of them whenever they feel like complaining and for now, it seems like it helps them.

"Have you heard from Luke?" my brother asked and I shook my head.
"Hmm... I thought he calls you every now and then."

"He calls but I don't answer" I answered.

"I guess he's still trying to get back on your good side. Did he try the 'let's be friends' move yet?"

"I think he plans on doing that or maybe not. I guess he's going for 'let's try it one more time' depending on what he told me the last time we saw each other."

"I guess so" he shrugged. "Well, how about you and Wil? You already went out on a date. How're things with the two of you?"

"We barely get to talk the past week. I think he's busy."

"He probably is. He's living at the condo near the hotel. If you want to, we can visit him before we head to grandma's place."

I looked at my watch and wondered if he's still at home at nine in the morning.

"Shouldn't he be at work?" I asked and that seemed like reminded my brother of something important.

"Oh right, I forgot-he's sick. He got sick three days ago but he was needed at work, so he went to the office and two days later, bam! He got worse. Unlucky second week working, if you ask me."

"Unlucky indeed" I pressed my lips together and fished my phone out.

"We can drop by his place if you want. All you have to do is say 'Xander, will you please take me to my knight in shining armor because he needs me?'- I will not fret."

I laughed at what he said but he does have a point. Wil needs someone to take care of him.

"Let's go to grandma's first and then tell me where he is and I'll go there myself."

"Wow" he looked at me astonishingly. "I'm hearing your girlfriend tone, Alex. Tell me something I do not know. I beg of you."

"There's nothing you do not know. And what girlfriend tone are you talking about? I just don't like you making commentaries while we're talking or something."

"Sorry" he smiled. "I like narrating things. To grandma's place then."

**********************

My grandmother went on babbling about us no longer paying her a visit. My brother-being the more sociable twin-went on sweet talking our grandmother and it seemed to work. She seems like she's a bit annoyed because I continued to be reserved and more on the observing side like her son.