Epilogue

Leo's POV

I don't want to come home. As much as I miss my family, being away has been a diversion. Human interaction isn't what it used to be after my freshman year in high school. I don't enjoy being around people anymore, so I joined the military for a distraction. Now I'm home and I don't know what to do with myself for five months.

"Leo," my sister says, her body running up to me.

"Mum send you to get me," I smile, wrapping my arms around her. She hugs me tightly and I hold her close. I guess a few years away goes by fast.

She's seventeen and I'm twenty three, but I'm shocked at my twenty year old brother standing a few feet away.

"She sent us," he says, my arms wrapping around him next.

They drive us home and my mum is running out of the house, jumping onto me. I laugh and hold her, her lips kissing my cheek.

"How's my baby? I've missed you so much," she says, my arms setting her down.

"I'm alright mum," I say, my dad walking out. He hugs me tight as well, the four welcoming me back into the house.

"We have lunch ready but Kora has a dance recital tonight. Would you like to come?" mum asks, my head nodding.

They let me shower and we eat lunch, then go to this recital. Kora is really good at dance and I find myself happy I came.

We go out to dinner after and I excuse myself from the table to use the bathroom. But I stop on my way when I see a familiar face bartending. Her name is Elise, a quiet girl who sat in my math class senior year. She was a bit of a bookworm but nice, none the less. But hell, she grew up to be beautiful. Her somewhat chubby cheeks then have tightened to give her a nice jawline, and her lips are fuller. She's a woman.

I walk over and she looks up, her jaw dropping. "Leo Styles?" she asks, my lips curving.

"Hey Elise," I say, her smile perfect. Her teeth are straight now and I am just about entranced by this beautiful girl.

"How have you been? Can I get you something to drink?" she asks, my head shaking.

"I'm alright. Just came back from a five year deployment," I say, her jaw dropping.

"That long?" she wonders, my head nodding.

"Wow. But thank you for your service," she says, my lips curving.

"What time do you get off?" I ask, biting my lower lip as she makes up a drink for the man beside me.

"Eleven."

"You want me to pick you up?" I nearly plead, wanting to talk to her again. Hopefully she hasn't changed from her shy personality. I like those more than I do the extroverts.

"Sure," she beams, my hand grabbing a napkin. I quickly write my phone number on it and hand it to her, her lips curving. She nods and I walk away, using the bathroom before going back out to my family.

"How are you holding up?" mum asks, my head nodding.

"I'm good. I'm going out tonight though," I say, her lips curving.

"Do whatever you need. I'm just happy you're home."

We finish up dinner and head home, my hands pulling on a beanie and a coat before going out to pick up Elise. I take Beau's car, driving and seeing her waiting on the curb. I roll down the window and smiling over at her, her fingers opening the car door and getting in.

"We can go back to my place. Watch some movies or something," she says, my head nodding.

She leads the way and I park, her body out of the car before I can open the door for her.