Part 19

2 YEARS LATER

I run my fingers through my shorter hair, the curls getting tighter. It was a decision I made that I wanted to donate the hair to charity. But I did it because it made a certain smile more than anything to finally get her hands on my hair.

But I don't know how I ended up here. The sudden event made me unbelieving to stand here, my feet digging in the sand as I wait.

The warm air is perfect and my fingers bury into my pockets, waiting the few more minutes. The man beside me smiles, something I'm sure he's done a million times, but it does nothing for my nerves.

Then time stops. My eyes lock on the small body I love, her body wearing a white dress and her small hands holding a bouquet of flowers.

I smile and she does as well, her nerves surely high as well. But I feel like nothing has prepared me for this feeling. This is the real deal. I don't waste time before I walk towards her, grabbing her hand to close the distance. She grips my hand tightly, her soft gesture making my heart pound.

The man starts talking and I can't look away from Juliet, her eyes looking into mine. I really hope I don't cry; that would make me look horrible. But I don't know if she will.

Vows are spoken and our hands never let go of the other's. Her lips look so soft and perfect, my love for this girl unreal.

"Do you take him as your lawfully wedded husband?" the man asks, my eyes watching Juliet.

"I do," she smiles, my lips curving.

"Do you take her as your lawfully wedded wife?" he then asks, my smile unable to get bigger.

"I do," I say, her smile so bright. With a few more words, I lean down and kiss her, our commitment complete.

I lift her into my arms and spin her around. She laughs and hugs me close, my arms constricting her to my body. We're married; we're with each other for the rest of our lives.

The happiness I feel is unreal. Since one of Juliet's dreams was to have a beach wedding, I planned everything to do this in Hawaii. She was so happy and thrilled. Her family was excited to hear about everything because Juliet explained how she wants this for the two of us. This was our time and it was so intimate, nothing could compare.

My hands run over the bare skin of her back and I hug her close, her head burying into my neck. She is so beautiful, so perfect to me. I'm complete. My life is set.

We follow the protocol, signing our marriage license and everything. We both now have gold bands on our fingers, my hand unwilling to part from hers.

The night is spent celebrating. We go dancing, her beauty perfection. I'm in awe at how such a girl exists. She's the epitome of life.

And then I can't get enough of her back in the rented beach house. We don't sleep. It's constant love making and shared kisses; her fingers holding my body close to hers. All I want is this.

"I promise I'll take care of you forever," I tell her, kissing the side of her nose. She curls into me and I pull her warm body close, my eyes closing as I kiss her face.

"You are the love of my life," I mumble, her arm around my waist as I watch her start to sleep. The sun is beginning to rise and I keep watch on her, not wanting to look away from her.

"Love you," she whispers, kissing my chest before completely curling into me.

I lay awake, watching her softly breath out sleep. My lips start to kiss her hair every few minutes, her soft hand on my back. The sheets come up to our waists, my arms holding her so she's not on show. But the doors are locked and the beautiful beach house's openness has me worried.