Chapter Six; Rock! Paper! Promise..?

"She's fine, she just fell asleep." Mark told Carol and James. This made the two parents smile. "That's good. She's really upset about her brother... They were extremely close..." Carol spoke softly. Mark gave a nod. "They were hardly ever apart when Ian was growing up.. It was rare to see them apart..." Mark nodded. For a couple of minutes, there was nothing but silence. No one bothered to speak. It was a comfortable silence. "It's getting late.. Mark, would you like me to show you to the guest bedroom..?" Carol asked. He gave a reply. "If you don't mind, I would like to sleep in (First Name)'s room, to make sure she's okay during the night." James looked at him, before giving a nod. "Do you need a blanket and pillow or..." Carol asked. "Actually, do you have a sleeping bag and a pillow I can use..? It would be rather awkward if she woke up and I was asleep next to her..."

      Mark laid on the floor, happily asleep in the sleeping bag on the floor. The (hair color) female opened her eyes with a flutter. She looked at her pillow. The once fresh crimson color was now a deep red. She looked toward the dull pain in her wrist. The skin had scabbed over while she slept. She stoop up to take a shower. Or at least went to. (First Name) gave a silent gasp as she fell on top of something. 'Wait.. Is that a heartbeat...?' She thought. Leaning up, the (eye color) eyes of the girl met the closed brown eyes of Mark. With a sigh, she remembered that he was there. 'Why is he on my floor...' She asked herself, before standing up and walking to the bathroom to shower.

      "Mark, can you get up please..? We're going to see my brother and we can't leave you here alone." (First Name)'s voice sounded though Mark's dreams. "Nghh... But mom I don't wanna go see anyone..." Mark mumbled, before his mind registered who was speaking. "Give me a second, (First Name)... Let me get dressed.." The door shut after he said those words. Opening his brown eyes., Mark looked around the room. Nothing seemed off to him. The window was closed and his bag was sitting next to the wall, under it. Walking over, he pulled out some clothes. After a few minutes, Mark emerged from (First Name)'s room. "Alright, Mark... I need you to do us a favor.." Carol spoke softly. "Can you please... Please keep (First Name) calm.. I don't want her and Ian upset..." Mark gave a nod. "Why wouldn't I." He said with a smile.

        "I.. Ian.." (First Name) spoke softly as they walked into the room. The child looked over at the door. Ian gave a pained smile. "Hey.. I missed you.. And that's Mark right.. That really cool YouTuber you showed me..?" This caused said male to laugh softly. "That's me, alright.. I've heard a lot about you, Ian. (First Name) talks about you a lot. You seem like a really cool guy yourself." Now it was Ian's turn to laugh. "Thanks." (First Name) sat down by Ian's bedside, Mark standing behind her. "Hey sis.. In case I don't make it.." (First Name) gripped his hand softly. "Don't talk like that... You have to make it.. You haven't even lived your life yet..." Mark kneeled down beside her, and held her other hand. "Shhhh... He'll be fine..." Mark mumbled softly into the (hair color) female's ear.

      Carol, James, and (First Name) left to go get something to eat from the hospital cafeteria. "Mark.. If I don't make it.. Will you take care of my sister..? For me.." Ian asked softly. Mark looked over at him. "Hey, don't talk like that man... You're too young to be talking like that.. But yeah. I'll tale good care of her.. Can you keep a secret..?" Mark replied, then asked softly. Ian gave a nod. The black haired male looked into the hallway and then shut the door. "Okay.. Your sister has kind of been living with me for the past few months, cause she can't find a place to live out there, and uh.." Ian smiled. "Let me guess. You took a liking to her?" Mark looked at the boy, stunned slightly. "Take care of her. She's been through guys like nothing.. But that's because she has the bad luck of getting all of these rude guys.. But if you two get together, know I support you." Ian spoke with a smile.

     "Ian? Mark?" (First Name) asked when she entered the room. "How! That's twelve times now!" Mark cried out. "I am the king of rock paper scissors in my class. Not even the teacher has beaten me at it yet." Ian laughed. (First Name) walked into the room fully, before shutting the door and causing the two to look at her. "Hey sis! Mark and I were just playing rock paper scissors. He's not very good." Mark frowned. "Hey! I'm not that bad!" Ian laughed. "Says the one who lost twelve times." The (hair color) female said, teasing Mark. "Oh that's not fair! Double teaming!!" Everyone in the room stifled a laugh, but failed.

    "Hey guys... It's (YouTube username) here.. I'm back at home, in (hometown). My brother, Ian, isn't doing that well.. He got.. Well.. Injured. And he's in the hospital.." (First Name) spoke in her latest video. She was recording outside of the hospital on her phone. After a few minutes, Mark walked out with her parents. She had just spoke her outro. "Ready to go home, dear?" Carol asked. The female gave a nod, and smiled a false smile. Mark looked at her hand, and almost grabbed it. (First Name) walked forward, not noticing Mark's slight advance. With a sigh of defeat for the day, Mark got into the car along with James, Carol, and (First Name). Tugging at her sleeve, the female next to Mark looked out of the window. "Mum..? Can you let me out here..?" Mark looked at her with question. Stopping the car, (First Name) climbed out of the car and shut the door. "Let her walk, Mark." James said softly, as the black haired male went to follow along. "She does this when she wants to think.."