Chapter Two; New Light

"Are you sure, Mark..? I can't just take your.." Mark yelled out. "Nope! You get my bed until we clear out the guest bedroom for you to use! I'll just use the couch!" (First Name) sighed softly. "No arguing with you, huh...?" Mark gave her a soft smile. "We can unload your bags tomorrow. Just go get what you need from the car." (First Name) gave a nod, and walked outside to get her computer. She looked at her (favorite color) bag, sitting next to her black laptop bag, that was filled with recording things. Microphones, noise blocking headphones, stuff like that. She walked to Mark's room. Setting everything up, (First Name) ruffled her (hair color) locks in a purposefully made bed-head style. Putting on her headset, she started up a game. "Hey my (fan base name)!  This is (YouTube username) back with some more (video game)!"

    Mark knocked on the door to his room, his black hair a mess. "(First Name)..?" He asked softly. Opening the door, he saw her asleep with headphones on and her laptop open. He walked over and looked at what she had open. 'She's a youtuber...?' Mark thought. The page was open on a new video of hers. '(Video Game)..? I've never played that... Maybe..' The black haired male walked over to the female. "Hey (First Name)... Wake up. It's three in the afternoon. You need to wake up.."

    After an hour, and three cups of coffee, the female was only half awake. "Morning Mark..." She slurred slightly. Mark chuckled. "It's afternoon, (First Name)." Her eyes widened. "I need my laptop!" She squeaked and ran back to Mark's room to get it. She didn't come back out for a few minutes. The black haired man pulled up her latest video, just uploaded. "Hey guys! Umm... I've been in Cali for a month now.. Got kicked out of three apartments.. Well... Last night.. This really nice guy helped me out.. I'm not giving his name but he's really nice..."

     Mark gave a soft smile as he watched. "He helped me move out.. My landlord gave me twelve hours to leave... With everything I had, it would have taken me two days.. And he, uh.. He helped me move out. It took us four hours.... But when he asked if I had a place to stay, I told him no. This man.. He told me that I was going to stay with him until I find a place.. If he's watching this video... Thank you... I'm not one to say it straight to a person's face.. For pride reasons.. But thank you."

    After she came out of Mark's room, a small blush of her cheeks. He ran over to (First Name) and hugged her. "You're welcome..." She hugged back softly, smiling. "I can't thank you enough, Mark... Not to sound creepy but you're the reason I'm a youtuber. I saw you making people happy and it all just.. Clicked..." He patted her head softly, ruffling her unkempt (hair color) locks. "Let's go eat. I made lunch." (First Name) smiled and nodded. "Alright. And also... Call me (Nickname). I like it better." Mark chuckled. "(Nickname). I like it, too. It's short. It's cute. And it fits your style."

     After an hour of (First Name) snorting of laughter and Mark almost peeing himself of laughter, the two had finished eating. "(Nickname)!" Mark chuckled. "Yes Markimoo~?" She snorted again, holding her nose to get her to stop.  He hugged her softly. "Thank you for lunch. You're an amazing cook!" The female's (eye color) eyes gleamed in happiness. "Thanks! I learned from my dad at night before he went to work. My mum worked during the day, until ten at night. My dad worked from midnight to seven at night. It was tough, but I managed." She gave a soft smile.

    "So (First Name)... Do you, uh.. Want to do a video game collab later on?" Mark questioned. "We could do some sort of Five Nights at Freddy's challenge!" (First Name) cheered, raising her fist into the air. The black haired male chuckled with a nod. "Yeah! That sounds awesome!" He took the female's hand softly and walked to his recording room. "So this is where all the magic that is Markiplier happens.." Mark and (First Name) laughed. "So does the magic of (Youtube Username) happen in a bedroom?" He joked. She nodded. "I never really had a desk in my room, so a laptop and a bed was all I needed."

    A shrill scream sounded from the throat of a certain (hair color) female, who had just gotten scared with a jump scare. "Dammit Mark! Why did we do this game!!" The duo had been playing the second Five Nights at Freddy's. Mark handed her a glass with a small amount of alcohol mixed with (favorite soda). She drank it and moved away from the computer to allow the male to play. He pushed buttons on the screen, wound the music box, and laughed softly as he passed the night. "Good job, Mr. I-Know-How-This-Game-Works!"