Chapter 8

Katniss POV

I have been missing Prim so much. Ever since the day of the reaping there has been a knot in my stomache. Now she is about to die. I knew she wouldn't survive the blood bathe.

I saw Prim eyeballing the center of the Cornicopia. I was whispering to myself for her not to got to the middle.

"3..2...1...Boom!" They were off and Prim was going to the middle. I was about to watch my sister die. She grabbed a backpack and axe. Then the girl from district 4 came at her. Prim swung her axe and ran. As she was running a knife sliced her shoulder. I saw her cringe in pain. Yet she ignored it and she survived the whole day...

Prim POV

I woke up to the sharp pain of my shoulder. By now it was wrapped up with a bandage Rue made. The sun was up and was beating down on us.

"Rue wake up it is day," I told her. She groaned and mumbled something about plants. "Come on Rue we need to win, get up," I said. Then I regretted I said that because we knew we both couldn't win. She got up and glared at me. Though I could tell in her eyes that she was thinking what I was thinking.

We got out of the tree and went to the lake. I washed my cut and the bandage and we went to look for people to kill but not the careers.

We soon found Foxface behind a bush. She ran but Rue was fast and caught up to her soon we were at a Cliff and she was cornered. I swung my axe and pushed her off the cliff "Boom". Rue and I ran back to our tree.

Laying in the tree I realized that I just killed somebody. I just killed another human being. All the people back in her district were probably hating me. A little 12 year old.