Chapter 5

(Prim POV)

I arrived and went to training. I met various people. One girl named Rue said she would team up with me in the games. We settled on running to the middle then going North. I didn't know what Peeta was doing but he said he was staying with us so I guess he was in our plan.

A week passed and now I stood in front of the seamstress. His name was Cina and he had skin dark as chocolate. He said that I was such a tiny little girl and that I shouldn't be here. Of course I told him show me no pity. His team came and took measurements and gave me a bath. I swear it was the nicest bath ever! Then they did my hair in two Dutch braids that went into a bun. They painted my nails in flames. Next Cina left me, and the team started taking off the little body hair I had. Which was hardly any because I was twelve. Cina came back into the room and gave me the most gorgeous dress I had ever seen. It was a dress of flames. He told me that it is going to have real flames, but he was still working on it. I gave him a big hug then I went to Effie to practice for the chariot ride.

A couple hours passed as I practiced with Effie and Peeta. We settled on a smile and a wave. Then in the interviews I am supposed to act cute. But if I am going into the games I don't know why I would act cute.

I was getting onto the chariot when Peeta said he had news. I asked him what kind of new and he said good. "Ok," I told him. "What is it?" I asked. "You get to lean on me," he exaggerated. "Ok so I do a half hug?" I asked. "Ya," he responded.

When the crowd saw us they all made a noise that sounded like a, "Awwwww,". I guess that is why Effie told us to hug.

After that it was time for the interviews.