Chapter 1

( Katniss POV )

"Prim wake up, wake up Prim," I whispered. "What is it?" Prim asked.
"Today is the reaping," I told her. Then my mom walked in the room she told me to go get ready so I left her be.

As I walked out of the room I was wondering what Prim was thinking. She gave such a sad/scared face when I told her the reaping was today. Though I knew that she would most likely not get picked I still felt nervous for her. I brushed my hair and put it in my usual side braid. I put on on my clothes then walked back to Prim and my mom.

When I walked in, I saw that my mom did two Dutch braids in Prim's hair. "Are you ready to go?" I asked. "Yes we are ready to go" my mom responded. "Hey mom, you can go ahead I am going to talk to Prim," I said. "Sure," my mom said.

"So Prim I know you are scared because it is your first year, but you will most likely not be picked," I told her. "I know it's just...I don't want it to happen because it still is possible," she responded. I could tell that she needed to feel better so I told a little joke that Gale and I shared. "Hey always remember," I said," May The Odds Ever be In Your Favor," I said in my best imperseraion. Prim laughed and we started to walk outside.