Chapter 18- What's Wrong

Edd's POV

When I get home I realize I didn't have any of my assignments from today. Perhaps Ed or Eddy has them. I sit up from my bed, go down stairs, and put on my shoes.

I think I should go to Eddy's house first- when we all get together- it is typically at Eddy's if not mine. Every once in a while we go to Ed's house, but Sarah is normally there hanging out with Jimmy.

It bothered Ed to see his little sister have her boyfriend over all the time even if they had been friends since early childhood.

I knock a few seconds later a smiling Eddy opens the door.

"Salutations Eddy," I say smiling.

His smile turns to a frown.

"What's wrong?" I say worrying.

He stays silent.

"Eddy," my voice cracks. "You are scaring me."

He mumbles something under his breathe but I don't catch it.

"Pardon?"

"Go."

"But-"

"Go!"

"Eddy-"

"Get out of here!" He screams at me.

"Eddy," I say my eyes starting to water and my frown becoming more noticeable.

"Scat you f*g!"
He pushes me.

I fall back onto the concrete sidewalk.

This is what I feared.

I run home.

I hoped (so much) that Ed and Eddy would understand (be okay with) me.

I didn't (don't) want to lose them.

After crying for what feels like forever and a day, I wiped my tears away, and rinsed my face looking into the mirror.

My jet black hair was messy, my hat had fallen off, my blue eyes red and puffy, checks and nose red, nose runny, and I don't think I can manage like I was saying I could.

~time skip~

Walking into the doors of the school has never been scarier. Yesterday has me pretty traumatized. I head straight for the library not looking up, but at the ground. I made sure my hat was on high enough that it hid most of my head and stop barely above my eyes.

I knew hardly anyone was there yet since I was an hour and a half early, but still.

I opened the library door and walked in and grabbed my journal, not bothering to turn on the lights.

Yesterday was terrible.
They found out my secret.
They don't like me.
Whoever said "sticks and stones break my bones, but words will never hurt me" is WRONG.
They do hurt.

I linger the pen after I wrote the period making the dot darker and darker.

The door opens and a figure comes in and turns on the lights.

When my vision comes back I see Kevin.
He has something over his nose and is wearing sunglasses.

I stare at him (I think he is looking at me too, but I can't tell because of the sun glasses).

He sits down across from me laying his bag on the floor.

We sit there in silence for a while.