Chapter 10- Missing Only Just a Day

Edd's POV

I decided to not go to school. I was to tired. It ruined my record of not missing school, but I physically and mentally couldn't be there today. Last night took all my energy anyways.

Im sure nobody will find my notebook, I mean we don't even have a librarian because only I go to the library, I doubt that will change in a day.

I roll over in bed to look at the clock on my nightstand, 9:00. This is the latest I have slept around in a long time. I stood up, body aching. Every time I made a movement I felt as if a thousand lightning bolts hit me. My wrists and thighs scream.
Oh the pain.

Kevin's POV

It's the end of football practice already and the sun is starting to set. My head is filled with so many thoughts I can't pick one out.

"Kev!" Nazz yells after me.

I smile and wait for her, "Sup!"

"You missed the after party last night.."

"Yeah... I wasn't up for it.."

"Oh.."

"Yeah."

It was completely silent between us as we crossed the field to the parking lot after that, until Nazz spoke up again.
"Can I catch a ride home from you?"

"Yeah, I guess," I shrug.

It falls back to silence as we get on my motorcycle. I hand her my helmet and we head toward our houses.

"CRAP!" Nazz yells.

"What?!" I yell back over the sound of the motor and the street.

"I had a plan to thank Edd for helping me with my concussion but he wasn't her today and I'm heading out of town tomorrow!"

"Oh."

"I don't want to seem ungrateful."

"You could call him?"

"I thought of that but he doesn't even have a home phone."

I bite my lip, thinking of some possibilities she would have to thank him, "you could send a thank you card?"

"Ew. Who does that these days?!"

I chuckle and say another idea," you could go over when we get there?"

"I have homework."

As I park in my garage I try, "You could......."

"Kev," Nazz says while getting off my bike.

"Hmm?"

"Would you mind talking to him for me? I mean you did when I was in the nurses office and before the game yesterday."

I think for a while.

"PLLLLEEEAAAASSSSEEEE!!!!" Nazz yells into my ear.

"Fine, If you shut the hell up!" I yell back my temper coming out.

She smiles, "yay! Thank you Kev-Kev!!"

"Bye."

"Byeee!!" She yells as she runs to her house.

Great, I dug myself into a hole, no a fucking ditch.

I sigh and go into my house, setting my bag on the floor.

I go to get a glass of water not bothering to turn on the lights, because the moon illuminates the house enough I can see. Leaning on the counter I drink the water slowly.

My head hurts from the day of endless thoughts.

Kevin didn't want to admit it but all day he kept thinking about Edd and wondering if he was alright.

He kept thinking of things that could be going wrong.

"What if he cuts more since I am not there to stop him?!"

"What if after I left he got sick and ended up chocking on his own vomit and that is why he isn't here?!"

What if...?!

What if..?!

What if...?!

To actually be going over to DoubleD's house after all that he had been thinking today.. Was no less insane than if Nat came out saying he is straight.

One foot after another Kevin walked across the road to Double Dork's door and knocked.

Kevin couldn't help but panic as he stood at the door waiting, thinking, "Should I be here? What if he doesn't answer?"

When the door was opened and revealed the familiar pale face, blue eyes looking tired but still managing to shine like always, messy black hair, and a black hat with two white-streaks, Kevin realized he hadn't been breathing.

"K-Kevin?," Edd whispered in surprise.

"Hi Double Dork."

A/N:
Hi, how are you guys doing?
Let me know what you think of this chapter, please and thank you.
I am having writer's block so I haven't been posting as much as I wish I could.
~Lore