Chapter 2: I Need Her

Start from the beginning

"Ok how about you guys go wherever and I'll go to American Eagle." Alexis said. Diana and Jasmine nodded.

"Alexis you can't go off on your own." I said. I knew she was about to argue but I looked into her eyes. She nodded.

"Text us when you guys are ready to meet up with us." I said. They nodded and walked off.

"So who was that guy who you were calling baby on the phone?" I asked.

"Nobody." She said nervously.

"It didn't seem like nothing." I said.

"Why do you care so much?" She asked.

"Will you just tell me when your ready to let me know?" I asked. I lifted up her chin and caressed her cheek. "Hey you might not understand but I do care about you."

"I know you care I've always known." She said. I kissed her forehead.

***
ALEXIS POV
It was the night of the ball and Diana, Jasmine, and I were getting ready with Leyla and Alice.

"Mom, what color lipstick can I wear?" I asked. She sighed, I grinned I knew she was about to give in.

"You can wear red." She said. I clapped.

"What lipstick are you wearing Diana?" I asked.

"Oh, David say I could wear dark pink." She said.

"Coolio." I said.

My hair was in a huge bun at the top of my head and my bangs wear curled. I was wearing a white dress with bottom that flared out. It came about 3 inches above my knee. I put on my white 4 inch heels with my best friend bracelet that Diana, Jasmine, and I never left the house without. The door bell rang when we answered it was Tanner and David, Zack ran downstairs at that time. He was taking Jasmine since Tanner was taking me.

"Alright well wait are we waiting for?" Zack asked. "Wait I don't remember giving little girls permission to look so beautiful."

"I am not a little girl." Diana argued.
Zack got down to her level.

"Are too." He said.

"Nope." She said.

"David you have fun trying to break her." Zack said. Be walked over to Jasmine.

"May I take you to a dance little lady?" Zack asked Jasmine. She blushed and nodded he took her hand. Tanner looked at me.

"You look beautiful." He said. I always had a feeling that he was my mate but it was just a feeling. It was probably because I hadn't found my mate yet.

***
The dance didn't last long I danced with my dad, mom, Zack, Tanner, and Jasmine and Diana. Every time Tanner touched me I melted under his touch. Diana and David walked into their part of the house. Jasmine and Zack came into ours as Tanner and I stepped inside. Chase, Leyla, and my parents were already there sitting down.

"Baby come here." My dad says.

"I have an important question to ask you." He said. "When you look at Tanner what do you think?"

I didn't answer because I thought he would be mad at me. I mean being mated to a man that is 6 years older than me. Zack walked over to me.

"Alexis what do you see when you look at Tanner?" He asked.

"What your wolf say?" My dad asked.

"I haven't turned yet." I said.

"Doesn't matter what does wolf say?" My dad asked.

"Say what you told me four years ago." Zack said.

"Mate." I said. Tears streaming out of my eyes. "I'm so sorry Tanner."

Tanner walked up and hugged me. Wiping the tears out of my eyes.

"You didn't do anything wrong." He said. Tanner walked me to my room. He softly kissed my lips. He pulled away. "Your so beautiful."

"Thank you." I said.

"All your stuff was moved into my room." He said. "You can sleep with me tonight if you want but you don't have to."

"Can I just completely move into your room when I'm ready?" I asked.

"Of course baby I'm not gonna rush you into anything." He said. He pressed his lips to mine softly. "Bye angel."

It was 2:00 in the morning already and I still hadn't fallen asleep. I could go sleep with Diana or Jasmine or Zack. I got up and went to someone's room I thought I would not be visiting anytime soon at night. I opened Tanner's door he was lying on his bed flipping through channels on the tv. He looked at me and smiled.

"What ya need baby?" He asked.

"I couldn't sleep so I came to find my phone." I lied. I guess Tanner caught my lie.

"No you didn't come here." He said. I walked over to his bed. "Did you come here to sleep with me?"

"Yes." I said. I looked away.

"Please don't look away." I said. "Plus don't lie to me.