Prologue

I am Madison West Smith, but I got by West or Smith from my coach as Madison is too girly for me. I'm not like most girls, some would call me a tomboy as I don't do cheerleading or where skirts or dresses. But what I do do is football(soccer for Americans), karate, running and anything that involves mud or something girls don't do. I only live with my dad, my mum passed away after I was born, so I never grew up with a female when she passed it was just my dad left to look after me. Now that I am sixteen and I care for my dad as he's got a deathly illness but won't tell me.

Then my dad has to get rushed into an ambulance and tells me something I never wanted to hear or think about, "I probably not gonna make it when we get to the hospital, so I'll tell you this myself, you'll be living with a very close friend of your mothers, Mrs. Johnson and her husband, she is a fashion designer and her husband is a layw-" He didn't get to finish his sentence before his heart stopped and I could only see a paramedic talk to me but I couldn't hear what she was telling me. In my mind I was still processing what I've just been told and what happened to my father.

Authors Note: I'm only 12 and my grammar and all that jazz isn't good so I'm sorry. I've been writing this book in a notebook for awhile and I really wanted to upload it on here. And if it looks like I'm copying anyone I'm trying my hardest not to but some of it will have a similar story line. I know it's short but others will be longer.