Chapter 6

Voices woke me up.

The murmurs of two distinct voices. A deep, heavy voice, that I knew, but couldn't think of. The other was the familiar Busan dialect: Dongwoo.

I opened my eyes to bright lights. Stars flashed in my eyes, and my head spun. Did I mention it hurt like heck too? Well it did.

Someone clutched my uninjured arm.''Yoon Ah are you awake? Answer me.''

''I said...don't call...m..me Yoon...Ah, '' I rasped. My throat was dry. Painfully dry. Dongwoo laughed, hugging me causing a gasp to escape my mouth. God, that hurt.

He let me go. ''You're alive kid. We thought we lost you!'' I was still seeing double.

A glass of water was shoved into my hand, and I gulped down thirstily, soothing my ragged throat. Flashbacks of the arena ran through my mind. The battle. My injuries. My gold glow. Jackson.

I let go of the glass suddenly. It shattered. ''Did I win?''

''You did.'' I turned my head slightly, only to realise I'd been oblivious to the fact that there was another person here besides me and Dongwoo. JB.

I blinked slowly, trying to process this new information. ''How?'' JB looked at me curiously.

''You knocked him out, seconds before passing out yourself.'' He glanced at the IV attached to me. ''You lost a lot of blood, and we had to get donors. You're lucky they even bothered.''

I glared at him, suddenly remembering he was on the enemy side. ''What about Jackson?''

Dongwoo was the one that answered. ''He was discharged a few days ago. He was pissed at you at first, but he considered it an honourable fight.''

My eyes widened. ''Hold on. A few days?''

Dongwoo nodded. ''You've been in here for a week and.... four days?'' His remaining eye was looking at me, awaiting my reaction.

I glanced at myself up and down, slightly shocked. ''So I'm that bad?'' Gauze and plaster seemed to cover me  from head to toe.

''As I said, you're immensely lucky to be alive. You had to get several stitches to your cheek, you have a broken radius and the skin thighs had to be practically salvaged. That is not counting the bruises, and of course, severe blood loss, as well as extreme exhaustion and dehydration. But that's to be expected."

I gulped, readying myself. ''Any permanent damage?''

Dongwoo smiled. ''Apart from numerous scars, you should eventually heal. But you'll have to take it easy for a while. A long, long while.''

I nodded and turned, addressing JB. ''No offence intended, but what exactly are you doing here?''

He smirked. ''None taken. I just came along to see how you were doing.'' My eyes narrowed. ''And why would you do that?''

He raised an eyebrow. ''You really don't know? I'm scouting you.''

''What?''

''You do realise, that when you fought Jackson, you unlocked your inner gangje? That makes you a potential candidate for our group. Even Yugyeom dosen't argue anymore.''

My mind was blank. The gold stuff was gangje? I'd heard stories of the stuff in my earlier days, stories of fighters who unlocked their inner force through battles.

There were a total of 10 known fighters who unlocked their gangje. Three of them belonged to LC9. One of them was now me.

Dongwoo snorted, and JB lookied at him quizzically. ''Every other gang in the entire arena now wants Zee. What makes you so sure she wants to join GOT7?''