Oreki sticks his hand out, still wet from the pool. "I'm Oreki Makoto, pleasure to meet you." You take his large hand in your slim one.

"[L/N] [F/N], pleasures all mine." He smiles at you before pulling away.

"How about we get you a bathing suit first."

-

After changing into the red one piece, Oreki began to train you on basic first aid. Once that was finished, you began to start your new job. You found it quite enjoyable and you even got to help the little ones practice their swimming.

The sun began to go down so your shift ended, along with Oreki. Because of this, you two walked home together.

You two were walking in a comfortable silence when he spoke up.

"I'm glad you got the job. We were swamped with it being summer and all." You smile at him.

"I'm glad I got the job as well, Oreki-san." You laugh.

"Call me Makoto." You were shocked. He wanted you to call him by his first name already?

"U-uh okay... Makoto." That makes him chuckle.

"Good. May I please call you [F/N]? We will be working together so it is only normal for employees to be close."

"Um yes. That's fine." You both smile at each other when you see Yukine. Your eyes instantly light up.

"Yukine!" You call out, jogging over to him. He grins and wraps you into a tight hug, kissing your cheek.

"What are you doi- who is he?" He asks after he sees Makoto.

"I'm Oreki Makoto. I work with [F/N] at the pool." Makoto says.

"You got a job?" Yukine asks me, confusion crossing his face.

"I needed something to do over my summer break." You felt like you betrayed him but pushed the feeling aside. "He was walking me home. Are you going to another class?" You ask.

"Er yeah but I can walk you home." His gaze flickers to Makoto.

"No no! I couldn't possibly ask of that! Go to the class you paid for, I'll be fine." You kiss his lips reassuringly before waving, walking off with Makoto.

Little did you know that Yukine was watching you two with a painful expression.

-

"Thanks again Makoto. I guess I'll be seeing you tomorrow." He smiles at you and waves.

"See ya." You watch him walk away before going inside, the smell of food being cooked.

"Who was that?" Your mother asks.

"A co-worker. I got a job at the pool." You respond and steal a piece of bread, munching on it.

"Is Yukine okay with him?" She asks suspiciously.

"Mom! Why does it matter who I hang out with?"

"I'm just looking out for him, that's all." You roll your eyes before taking another piece of bread.

"I'm not eating." You mumble and go upstairs with your meager catchings. Yukine should be fine with this, right? It isn't like you're doing anything wrong!

For an hour or so you just pretend to read while your mind wanders. A tap catches your attention. You see Yukine knocking on your window so you go over and open it.

"Hey." He says softly once he climbs in.

"Hi. How did the lesson go?" You ask, sitting on your bed again.

"Good, good." He abruptly comes over to you and hugs you tight. "I'm sorry for not being around." He mumbles against your skin.

"Its alright. I know how important school is to you." You run your fingers through his golden hair. "Don't worr-"

Before you can say anything, he kisses you roughly, taking you back in surprise. You melt against his lips and bring him closer. You two break away for air, a light blush on your cheeks.

"W-what was that for?" You ask shyly. He has never kissed you like that.

"I just wanted to show you that you're mine." He whispers, looking at you with his orange eyes. He kisses your nose before standing up, going to the window. "Sleep well."

With the said, he climbs out, leaving you breathless and confused.

-

I wish getting a job was that easy... *cries*

I made Makoto super attractive jeez (look at picture above)