Wonwoo [Seventeen]

Deep Down Inside.

"Watch where you are going next time." He retorts, passing my fallen books and leaving me to pick them up.
Ugh! I hate him......okay, I like him a lot.... but I have to hate him. Wonwoo has been nothing but harsh to me ever since my first day at this school four months ago.
But I can't help but give in to the fact that he is extremely good looking. He is a bully to me at school but when we see each other in public, he acts somewhat human. He says hi and waves to me. He might even try to hold a conversation with me. But at school, he is the devil incarnate.
"Whatever, jerk." I mutter, tears threatening to spill over in my eyes. I kneel down and try to pick up my books. Since it's passing period, everyone is scattering everywhere and everyone keeps kicking and stepping on my books.
I finally manage to gather them and I stand up, to walk to my next class.
To which I am late....again.
"Late again, Miss (L/N)?" The professor quips.
"Sorry, professor." I bow sadly.
"Well, this is the third time this week. I'm sorry but I have to give you a detention." He frowns sadly and starts to write the note.
I sigh and walk to the front, take the note, and walk to my desk. I lay my head down and close my eyes. This can't get any worse.
After school, I walk to the detention room....and just my luck, Wonwoo and his friends are here. They are laughing and joking around. Rough-housing. The teacher that was here must have stopped caring and left.
I walk into the room and immediately take the desk as far away from them ad possible. Suddenly the room goes quiet.
"Hey...look who it is." I hear Mingyu whisper to Wonwoo.
"It's your girlfriend, Woo." Hansol retorts.
"Dude." I hear a loud thud. Wonwoo must have punched him.
I shake my head and look out the window; it has started raining. It started getting really bad.
Suddenly something hits the back of my head. I look at the floor and see a paper ball roll under a nearby desk. I tense up and exhale. I feel another paper ball hit my head. Then another.....and another...
"WHO IN THE HELL GAVE YOU THE RIGHT TO TREAT ME LIKE THIS?!?!? I AM SICK AND TIRED OF YOUR STUPID, ANNOYING GAMES!!!," I hear thunder rumble behind me. "WHY ME?!?! HUH!!!! WHAT DID I DO?? WHAT POSSESSED YOU TO TREAT ME LIKE YOUR LITTLE PLAYTHING!!!..." I walk over to him and get in his face.
I say in a deathly low voice. "I swear if you bother me again one more time, your grandchildren's grandchildren's children will regret it." I punch him in the jaw and walk out of the room, slamming the door loudly behind me.
I hear footsteps behind me but right now, I don't care.
"(Y/N)!!" I hear him yell after me.
I ignore him and continue walking home.
When I was halfway home, I realized he was still chasing me. I whipped around and stared him down, my wet hair dripping in my eyes.
"What?!? What now?" I grind my teeth.
He ran up and stood in front of me, catching his breath. He looked at me and his hair was sticking to his face. He looked handsome...NOPE, I can't give in.
"I just wanted to say....umm....I'm sorry." He mumbles. "I'm didn't mean for it to go that far."
"Well, it did." I turned around to walk away but he grabs my wrist.
"Yah! I said I was sorry." He repeated.
"Well, sometimes sorry isn't good enough." I turned around and pulled my wrist free. "Do you know what you put me through? Mental abuse. Physical abuse......emotional abuse." Tears start trailing down my face.
"Oh. I-I didn't know. I never meant anything by it....w-we were just messing around." He looked genuinely upset but I couldn't give in to his face.
"No...you were just making things harder for me." I countered, trying to remain angry.
"I..." He tried.
"No, I'm not done." I look him in eye. Careful to keep my composure, I exhale slowly. "I liked you....okay! Alot. It hurts daily. I have liked you since my very first day here. Moving from America to Korea was hard enough. But then, you would treat me like trash. The boy I liked treated me as if I shouldn't exist!! How horrible is that. Something out of a drama is what it is.....I just wanted to be accepted. And I couldn't have that. So now...I don't want to have anything to do with you. I don't want to see your face. I don't want you to talk to me. Just....leave me alone. From now on....please." I looked up at him with pleading eyes, all my fight gone.
What he did next shocked me.....he kissed me. On the lips. In the middle of the street. In public. In the rain.
His mouth was warm against mine. My tears mixed with the rain. I sighed and gave in. I wrapped my arms around his neck. He grabbed my waist and pulled me close. He pulled away and looked off. He looked back at me and I could have sworn he was crying.
"I can't tell you how truly sorry I am. I cant handle my feelings well. I realized I don't like you (Y/N),.....I love you. I am afraid and stupid. I don't know how to show my feelings. I felt like that was the only way I could get your attention. I couldn't take it if you rejected me. I am so sorry." He sobbed and buried his face in my neck and cried.
I hugged him back and ran my hands through his hair.
"You...l-love me?" I look at him.
He pulls back and nods.
"I have always felt like this.....I don't know how to explain it. Whenever I see you, I just want to hold you and kiss you." He runs a finger along my cheek. "Will you please be my girlfriend? I promise I will try harder. Just please give me a chance." He pleaded desperately.
I smiled and nodded. "I would love to."
He smiles and picks me up, spinning me around.
"Uhh, Wonwoo?"
"Yeah." He looks up at me.
"Shouldn't we get inside? It's getting cold." I look down at him.
He laughs and puts me down.
"Of course." He grabbed my hand and we walked hand in hand...all the way home.

~A/N: Well, that was long and angsty. I apoligize now.~