Chapter Forty-Seven ~ Missing You

Six months later

Melanie

"Nononononoooo," I bellowed out as the bright sunrays glowed through the window. I rolled over and put my pillow over my head. Searching for the nightstand I found the remote, my savior, a true blessing in disguise. I snatched it off feeling for my favorite button and pressed it. I could barely hear the motorized blackout draperies closing as my day turned back to night.

Yes! I could pretend it was still night. I felt myself easing back to sleep until I felt over to my left and his spot was empty. I sighed and a yawn escaped my lips.

Last night Dommi had a very successful and entertaining runway show for selected social media bloggers, VIPs, fashion editors and models at her studio. The original two hour show had turned into an all night party. Everyone in the fashion world seem to be captivated with Dommi's new line. My girl knew how to throw a party. Now I see why she was nicknamed the Queen of the Island.

I adjusted my pillow by hitting it and pushing my head against it but it didn't work. Who was I kidding? I had gotten so use to him being next to me and when he wasn't around, I had sleepless nights. Marc had been on a business trip for the last ten days and I was thanking sweet Jesus he was coming back tomorrow evening.

I remembered when I use to love when he left for his annual account roundup. Ten to twelve days of him not bugging me twenty-four seven. He would hit three continents and the time would have him completely off. Now don't get me wrong, he still harassed me, but at least I could sneak away to eat and potty.

Wow those seem like the old days. Now I couldn't wait for him to step through those doors and take me away like one of those girly romance novels. I laughed to myself. I could see him in one of those eighteenth hundreds solider uniforms and me in one of those Victorian long dresses with pearls around my neck and a head full of curls. He would take my hand and we would twirl the night away.

What could I say about being married to my Prince Charming? I swear I had hit the jackpot. Just when I thought the lovemaking couldn't get any better, he would surprise me. At times I had to check the sheets to make sure the heat hadn't burnt them up. Many of nights, the sheets were soaked if not glued to our bodies. The passion was off the charts and baby, if it came to the point where I died in the middle of an orgasm, I would leave this earth with an utter and complete smile on my face.

My eyes remained closed. Yeasssss, just thinking about how he commanded my body had me rubbing my legs together and that exotic clenching of my thighs was starting to awaken. Sex daily with Marc was like taking a warm cozy shower. In six months, this was the first time he had been gone like this since we said, "I Do," and my body was starting to go through withdrawals.

At times I would be doing something and then suddenly an image of he and I making love would cause me to pause. Or to hear a whisper in the breeze on how much he loves me would cause a silly smile on my face. Or could it be when we are together, there's no one else but us. Was it possible to be addicted to ones own spouse?

Well if I was, then I didn't want treatment. I had to laugh at myself again. The thoughts that popped into my head, were sometimes a little far fetched but hey there wasn't a dull moment.

I lifted my head, bringing his pillow over to me where I snuggled up against it. The aroma of his Clive Christian had me opening my legs wider. Okay, sue me for spraying a tad bit on his pillow daily. It was my heaven. I would whisper a sweet thank you up above for giving me this true blessing of loving someone with all my heart.