Chapter Twenty Seven ~ Secrets From Years Past

Melanie's POV

After leaving my dad, I went to have lunch with Tammy. I hadn't seen her since I had set her up with Gray for Valentine's Day.

"It was perfect Mel. He had flowers, the dinner was off the chain and we strolled down by the river where he took me on a midnight cruise up the river. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect night."

"I'm glad, so did any kissing go on."

"He's an excellent kisser but nothin happened. I'm not that kind of girl," she said laughing.

"So when are you two going out again?"

"Tomorrow. He left the day after Valentine's Day for some promotional tour. He comes back tonight."

"Good I'm so excited for you."

"Thanks hun. So where is Marc?"

"At work while I sit around twiddling my thumbs."

"Let me guess you are still pissed that he put you on this leave of absence?"

"Yeah but I'm going to just wait it out. He will realize he needs me and I'll be back."

"You crazy."

"Why do you say that?"

"You have worked since you left here. Girl you got a man that loves you and wants to take care of you, girl I would be his minion if he asked me too."

"I feel that I am already at that point."

"What's wrong with having a handsome man provide you with world class sex, and who happens to be rich, hello Earth calling Melanie."

"Haha very funny."

"I'm serious Mel. Enjoy this time be who you always wanted to be. Find a hobby even."

"I was thinking about becoming a dominatrix."

Water went flying out her mouth and onto my blouse. People were looking at us crazy.

"Say what? Did I hear you right?"

"You know I've always had a dominate personality. Maybe I can learn and be good at it."

"You have lost your everlasting mind."

"Who said the man should have all the fun Tammy?"

"Okay we have been friends since forever. What made you up and decide you want to be one?"

I told her about Wonderland. Maybe not every detail but she got the picture. I told her about Marc and my dad and her eyes nearly popped out her head.

"Oh my gosh, you are all freaks. Your daddy was a pimp, a freak back in the day and now your man, oh my I need another drink. Waiter!"

"Shhh! He wasn't a pimp and neither is Marc."

"So they don't tie women up and have their way with them?"

"Marc uses hands cuffs," I said laughing but her face was turning bright red.

"That's why you have been single. Poor Chris." She took a bite of her salad.

"Chris is bisexual."

She started choking on her salad.

"Geesh! Where have I been?" I passed her a napkin.

"It's embarrassing. I slept with a bisexual and I didn't even know it. So glad we used protection every time. Thank goodness I wasn't in love with him. I knew something was off but I thought it was me."