"Oh. That makes sense. How did you and Emilio start to date?"

A cute smile formed on his face and he tilted his head. "Well, it's kind of hard to say. After we got more comfortable with each other we were kind of an item but never said so but Vince, Donald, and Lafayette could always tell it was bound to happen. Then in eighth grade we had our first kiss but never said anything about it and just acted like it didn't happen. We'd always be sure to sit next to each other and when we had our sleep overs we'd lie close and sometimes cuddle. Though it was the summer before our freshman year when we definitely became an item. It was one of those hot, sweaty summer nights, you know? The kind when it's midnight but you're out on the town, not ready to sleep, feeling adventurous and wanting to make those memories. Like you just feel very liberated, you know, and we had gone up to one of the wooded areas in Brookfield, going down some trail, and we sat atop a hill and..."

He sighed. "I don't know. It just happened. We just kissed, and didn't stop that time." He shrugged, smiling, looking so cute as he remembered the night. "It was one of those moments where everything simply fell into place."

"That's cute."

"Yeah," he sighed, looking to a far away place. "So, when are you and Lafayette getting together?" he asked out of the blue.

"We are not going to get together," I groaned.

"Whatever. You two freaking live together. You sleep in the same bed and cuddle each other."

"Look at them. They're just friends who are asleep in the same bed and are cuddling," I said, pointing at Emilio and Lafayette.

"That's because they're like brothers. Emilio didn't get hired because he has a nice ass like you did. He got hired because he's best friends with Lafayette, and he just happens to have a nice ass, too."

"I'm just to look at, not to touch. If he wanted to be with me he probably would've done something by now."

"Don't be so sure. He's kind of a pussy when it comes to that type of thing."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah right. He's the most confident person ever."

"With everything except for dating and relationships. Look, he when it comes to just hook ups, he's confident. Sex? He's confident, but when it comes to actually asking someone out he's nervous as hell. Like with Marcus. He didn't ask him out. Marcus asked him on a date. Lafayette really wanted to ask him, but he was really afraid. And after Marcus, he became even more terrified. He's afraid that if he breaks up with someone they'll try to kill themselves. Everyone is afraid about asking and getting into a relationship, but he's ten times more afraid, and it's understandable.

He's just afraid of his sexuality and his parents disapproving. He's afraid someone will take his partner hostage. He's afraid they'll be another Marcus. He doesn't want to let someone in and let them know all his secrets but then break up and have his secrets possibly be revealed. So people should be afraid to date him, too, but if they think long and hard about what they want in life and about him, then I hope they're willing to take a chance and try him. Something tells me it will really work out in the end.You make him happy..."

I sighed. Would no one ever understand that I do not plan on sleeping with my boss? But...Michael does have a point. He should be afraid to date someone, because he could fall in love with them and they could end up getting hurt one way or another. But then people should be afraid to date him as well. So, like he said, maybe I really should think hard about it all. Because - yes, I'll admit it - I want to call him mine, but I might not in the future and he might not be what I thought. So I will have to think about it, and if I really want to be with him, then I might go balls out and possibly ask him. But god, how horrible would it be if he turned me down or was not interested in the slightest? We live together and work together. It would be really awkward and I'm already pretty awkward as it is.