~Chapter 5~

I glanced at him through my hair. His eyes looking straight into mine. I was quiet for a moment, hesitant to speak.

"Hi." I mumbled shyly and looked back at the worksheet. "So what's your name?" He asked grabbing my pencil and putting it down.

"Lucy." I said picking it up. I grabbed the paper and started writing down the answers.

"You don't talk much, do you?" He asked. "No." I replied. Right when I finished the third question , Natsu grabbed the paper and finished the rest quickly.

I watched silently as he wrote. His hands suddenly gripping the pencil tightly.

I guess I was weirding him out, due to my staring. That's probably the reason, so I looked away.

After a minute or so, he pushed the paper to the middle of the table and scooted away.

His action confused me a bit, but I ignored it. I scanned the paper to make sure everything was correct.

"Alright class, 2 more minutes." The teacher said and most students started rushing.

This is what they get for talking too much.

I said mentally. All students mostly do during class is talk. Talk talk talk. I mean yeah, it's ok to talk with your friends once in a while, but it is quite annoying sometimes. Especially when the teacher warns everyone to stop. Though they still don't listen.

To me, school is important because of many reasons. It is no game. Seriously.

I started to play with my golden locks to kill time. Then from the corner of my eye, I saw Natsu lean farther away. His eyes hard; not moving a muscle.

How is he not uncomfortable? Is he leaning away because I smell bad or...

My eyes widen at the thought.

WAS I SECRETLY ON MY PERIOD, NOT NOTICING?!

I panicked, but then reassured myself I wasn't. Even if I was, I would've noticed or felt it.

I shook my head and sighed......I'm such a weird human being.

When time was up, the teacher collected our worksheets and she had given us the rest of the period off. (Which was 10 minutes)

Gray and Levy decided to come to our table and hang out with us for the remainder of the period.

"Hello Natsu." Levy said smiling. He just gave a slight nod and Gray nudged him. "Oi, are you treating Lucy nicely?" He asked narrowing his eyes a bit.

I decided to step in. "Yes Gray, he is. Thank you for your concern." I said flatly, putting my things away.

"So how is your first day so far?" Levy asked me. I nodded "Fine." I replied waiting patiently for the period to be over.

Levy noticed that I wasn't really in the mood to talk so she started a conversation with the boys; which I am glad she did.

The bell rang and I quickly stood up, leaving the classroom. I felt the pair of eyes of my 'friends' watch me as I left.

"Just 2 hours left of this place." I muttered I hurried to my next class.