July 12th, 2015

Please vote & comment if you enjoy. x

Chapter 35

We then heard a door shut, and Gardenia jumped.

"Fuck," I stated, "Here, get your clothes on."

I searched the room for everything, tossing her underwear and bra at her, and then her sweatpants.

"Shit, where's your shirt?" I stated, looking around, and just deciding on giving her the button up I was wearing previously. I could hear my mum's footsteps nearing my door, and I shoved my boxers on, finding my jeans which were inside out. I sighed, hurriedly fixing them and shoving my legs into them. The pain in my ribs was practically nonexistent as the adrenaline coursed through me, and I jumped, forcing the spandex like trousers onto my body. I really need to look into buying a bigger size.

I jumped into the bed, opening my laptop, and setting it between us. Friends was automatically playing from when we watched it last night, and I buttoned my pants underneath the blanket. I looked over at Gardenia, noticing her hair a proper mess. In all reality, my mum would probably just think it was from sleep, but the redness in her cheeks may cause her to think otherwise.

Regardless, I ran my fingers through her hair, flattening a bit of the frizz, and she laughed slightly, doing the same for me.

"You're curls just can't be tamed, unfortunately," she sighed, and I laughed, leaning down and kissing her again.

Right on time, the door to my bedroom opened, and my mum peeked her head in.

"Hello, dears. Robin is coming over for dinner tonight, I just wanted to make sure that was okay with you?"

"Yeah, of course. When will it be ready? Gardenia and I were thinking about going to the movies today."

"Oh, honey, are you sure that's a good idea? Isn't it hard on your ribs?"

Gardenia turned her head toward me, and I could tell she was stifling her laughter.

"I'll be fine, mum. I'm feeling a lot better."

"Okay. As long as you're sure. It'll be ready around 6 or so, so try and be back by then, yeah?"

"Sure. Thanks, mum."

"Of course," and then she was out of the room.

"That was a close one," Gardenia commented, biting her lip as she grinned at me.

"You're lucky she didn't come home a minute prior. You weren't exactly quiet," I smirked, and she rolled her eyes, getting ready to stand up.

"Get a shirt on. We have a movie to see," she scolds playfully.

"You're wearing my shirt," I pouted as she rolled the sleeves up, shrugging.

"I like it. Hey, do you think I could fit in some of your jeans?"

I shrugged, digging through my drawers and throwing her a pair. She smiled, pulling her sweatpants off and putting the jeans on in front of me. It somewhat shocked me that she did that so easily, but then I remembered what we had been up to five minutes prior, and realized it wasn't so strange. But I loved the fact that she felt so comfortable around me now. It made me happy.

I tugged a different shirt on now, another button up that my fingers weren't skilled enough to do quickly.

"Here, dumbass," Gardenia walked over to me, her dainty fingers nimbly buttoning each button successfully. "And leave it open a bit. I like seeing your tattoos peeking out of the top," she smiled, leaning in to press a small kiss to my chest.