Chapter Thirteen: A New Family

Walking into the office I went to John’s office. “Come in,” he said when I knocked on the door. He smiled when he saw me. “Katrina. I’m glad to see you. We missed you yesterday. I honestly don’t know what I would do without you. I barely made it by yesterday.”

My stomach dropped. “Well that’s what I came here to talk to you about…”

John leaned back in his chair. “You’re going with Mr. Morin aren’t you?” He didn’t sound mad but he didn’t sound too happy for me either. He sighed. “Well I knew it was coming and he seems like a good man. I’m not going to lie Katrina, this seems a little fast but you’ve always had a good heart.”

“So you’re not too mad?”

He laughed. “Katrina you are like a daughter to me. Of course not! Yes I would be happier if you stayed here but I understand that you love him and he loves you back. I always knew you would find a man to take you away from us.”

“What’s going on?” Josh asked as he came in.

I paled but John rescued me. “Katrina was just telling me about how she’s moving.”

Josh turned on me. “You’re going with that asshole aren’t you?”

“Josh!”

“No.” I held up my hand. “I’ll handle this. Josh get your head out of your ass. I am not yours and never will be, hell I never even was yours. You don’t get to yell at me like some child. I get you don’t like Brent but I don’t care.” I went and hugged John. “Takes for everything and you can always call about questions.”

He chuckled. “I probably will. You be careful and if anything ever happens you’ll always have a place here. But I don’t think you’ll ever need it. You’ve grown so much these past few weeks” He glanced up and I turned to see Brent.

Like the other times I had seen him in the office he was dressed in a suit and looked so sexy. His hair was pushed back and he stood tall showing off the muscles under the suit. He truly was the definition of man.

“Thanks.” I smiled at John and gave him another quick hug before I walked past Josh who grabbed my wrist. I was about to yell at him.

“I’m sorry. My dad is right. You’ve grown up and you’re your own woman.” He pulled me into a light hug to which Brent was about to take a step forward but I shook my head.

“Well I’m glad you were able to see that.” I went to Brent and he tucked me under his arm.

“Sorry for stealing her from you John but what can I say she’s an amazing catch,” he said as he tucked his other hand into his pocket.

“Yes she is so you better treat her right.”

Brent laughed and I shook my head. “Thanks again for everything.” And with that Brent and I left.

Next we pulled up to Linda’s studio and I sighed. Brent reached over and took my hand. “She’ll understand.”

I glanced out the window. “Somehow I feel worse about saying goodbye to her than John and Josh. Linda has always been there for me. I don’t know how she’ll take it.”

“There’s only one way to find out.”

Linda was in the middle of a shoot so I hung back and waited for her to take a break which wasn’t long when she saw me. “Katrina! My girl what brings you by?”

“Umm I don’t know how to tell you this but I’m moving…” I couldn’t look at her.

“You’re going to live with Brent up in the mountains?” She shook her head. “You never were normal. I figured you would meet one of those weird people and run away from with them. I just didn’t think it would be the leader.”