Chapter Twenty: Taken

Hey so I totally forgot to put the picture up of Katrina's tattoo but I did that and I'm gonna post it again on this chapter.

Thanks for reading and comment and vote!!!!!!!!!

***************************************************************

There were low voices talking and I was laying on what felt like grass. I opened my eyes to realize I was up in the mountains. There was a cliff in front of me and I figured it had a pretty large drop. 

"Well looks like she's finally awake." Renger turned and smiled. "I've been waiting for you to wake up Sleeping Beauty."

I rubbed my head. "What is going on? How did I get here?"

He came to me and crouched so he was eye level. "Your mate isn’t as good at protecting you. Even with all those wolves I was still able to get you."

My jaw locked and I backed away from him but when I felt the cliff I stopped. Renger laughed. "I wouldn't go any further. It's quite a long fall."

Glancing over my shoulder I saw what was at least a three hundred foot drop and scurried away from it. That drop was instant death Renger on the other hand I didn't know what he wanted.

"What do you want from me?" I stammered.

Renger shook his head and cupped my cheek. "I just want your mate. At least you got to finish the bond before I kill you. It'll hurt him so much more." He stood up.

“But why? I know Lane beat you but what did Brent ever do to you?” I swallowed the lump in my throat. I figured the longer I could stall Renger the more time Brent would have to find me.

“You wouldn’t understand. It’s a wolf thing.” He towered over me making me feel as small as an ant. “How lucky you would have been if Brent had never found you. You probably would have only been sick a few days but now you’ll want to die when I kill him.”

I frowned. “Been sick?”

Renger laughed. “They really don’t tell you anything do they? You two are soul mates so even if Brent had never found you it still would have hurt you when I killed him.”

“What makes you think you can kill Brent? Lane beat you and so can Brent,” I practically yelled.

“Shut up bitch.” His hand slapped across my face. “And the reason I know I can beat him now is because I have you. Without you he’s going crazy and he won’t think straight when he sees what I’ve done to you. "Now why don't we hurry him up. I’m sure he’s going crazy looking for you already." And then he kicked me.

I flew to the left and gasped. Pain shot through my side. Then Renger was on top of me, slapping my face and pulling my hair. "Call out to him little human. The sooner he gets here the soon the pain will stop." He took my left arm and snapped it.

I screamed as the bone shattered in two. Renger threw me aside and I cradled my arm. I started to crawl away but the guy that took me kicked my ribs. "Where do you think you're going bitch?" He kept kicking my stomach and ribs as I screamed for Brent.

When he stepped back something big caught my eye and I saw a huge brown wolf. It was at least four feet high with massive teeth. He stalked towards me. I tried to get away but he caught my leg and I screamed as his teeth pierced my thigh and drug me back. I clawed for anything I could grab but my hands only found dirt.

There was a loud growl and the wolf stopped and let go. We both looked up to see Brent. "Brent!" I shouted but he didn't look at me. Instead he ran at the wolf. I screamed as he jumped and transformed into a wolf.