Chapter Sixteen: Becoming Part of the Pack

Hey so thanks for reading. Please comment and vote. Also sorry for taking so long to post. Work has been crazy and I don't really have much free time but I'm trying.

So most of this chapter is in Brent's POV. Let me know if you like that or you just want it from Katrina's POV. Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy

***************************************************************

"Excited to meet the rest of the pack?” Tamara asked as we got ready to meet everyone. Lydia had been with us but Bryn had called her to help her.

“You’re joking right?” I glanced over at her. “I hate meeting new people and you guys are wolves so that makes me feel so much better. I thought last night was bad enough but there’s close to a thousand people. That’s so much…”

“Don’t worry Brent will be at your side the entire time and he won’t let them over do it. remember you’re his fragile little human.”

“That so does not sound right.” I shook my head. “Is it really that unusual for humans to be someone’s mate?”

Tamara put her brush down. “It normally happens every once in a few generations but I don’t think I’ve ever heard of an Alpha’s mate being human. You see even though the wolf gene is stronger your pup won’t be as strong as other wolves because he’ll be half human.”

“So then why would I be Brent’s mate?” It just didn’t seem right.

“Hey don’t worry about it.” She put her hand on my shoulder. “The Old Wolves have a plan and none of us think you’re just some human. There’s more to you than meets the eye.”

“Thanks.”

“Anytime but for now let’s get out there. I know Brent wants you to meet the pack.”

As we walked down the stairs I glanced outside and saw all the people and left my stomach drop. How was I supposed to be a Luna to these people when I didn’t even want to meet them?

Tamara was walking in front of me and I tried to stay behind her as much as I could till I saw Brent who had a look on his face I couldn’t read.

**********************

Brent’s POV

I had been talking with Colton when I saw Tamara come out of the house with Katrina following behind her trying to hid her body from the much more confident girl’s. My pride swelled in my chest. Even though Katrina might not have much confident she was my mate and she was beautiful.

Her long red hair was curled and hung lose around her while her black dress made the color to pop. The dress hugged her body in all the right places and I felt my wolf want to march her right back in the house and have his way with her.

She looked beautiful as always and I went to her. Picking her up I spun her and kissed her with such force she was totally surprised. Breaking the kiss I chuckled and pulled her close to my chest. “Amor you look beautiful.”

Like all the other times I gave her a complement Katrina blushed and tucked her hair behind her ear. It was a nervous habit she had but I found it adorable. “Thank you,” she mumbled.

It took everything I had not to yell to the rest of the pack that Katrina was their Luna but I knew it would only scare her more so I went for the simple choice and wrapped my arm around her tiny waist and showed her around. I didn’t need words to tell the pack she was my mate, just by my arm around her waist they knew. I had never showed any affection to a female that wasn’t family until now.

“Look at her she’s so scared,” someone said.

“Well wouldn’t you be too if you were a human surrounded by wolves?” someone else said.