Chapter Nine: A Painful Weekend

So I put in a part from Brent's POV. Let me know what you think please and please please please comment and vote. I wanna know if you really like it.

**************************************************

I had thought yesterday was hard to get up but today I groaned as I felt my body pop and creak. I felt as if I was eighty with a broken body. Everything hurt and I had barely slept at all. "Holy shit," I moaned as I tried to get out of bed.

"You don't look so good," John said as I entered his office.

"I couldn't sleep last night." I sat his coffee down on his desk. "Don't worry I'll be able to work."

I was about to leave when John spoke, "I've heard Josh has been giving you a hard time." He didn’t look too happy.

"No he's been fine," I lied.

"Katrina everyone knows you're a terrible liar so don't try to cover for him." He sighed. "I already had a talk with him and if anything else happens you let me know. I don't care if he's my son, you're like a daughter and I won't stand for anyone treading you badly."

I smiled. "Thanks John."

"One last thing." He looked uncomfortable as he pulled at his collar. "Are you really dating Brent Morin?"

"Yes but I had no idea who he was or that he was going to join the company. I only found out Monday that he was Mr. Morin."

He nodded. "Well alright then."

Once I sank into my chair I rested my head on the desk. Today was going to be a very long day. And I was right. The day dragged on. I found myself irritated and snapping at people. After lunch I locked myself in my office and focused on my work, even Tamara stayed away.

I just hurt too much. My body felt as if it didn't want to work. My limbs were stiff and my heart felt like it was beating only at half speed. But the worst part was the ache in my chest. It burned cold through me and many times I had the feeling to throw up but nothing ever came up. I was in hell and it felt like I was dying.

"Katrina can you come in my office?" John asked over the phone.

"Yes?" I opened his door and poked my head in.

He gave me a small frown. "Why don't you go home? You don't look so good and I think you could do with some rest. I don't know what’s going on with you but you need sleep. You don't look good at all."

I didn't argue with him. I nodded and left. Like I had the day before I slid on one of Brent's shirt and got in bed. I tried to sleep but I would wake up screaming. Justin came in to check on me every time and I could see how worried he was.

"Katrina please calm down," he said as he held me.

I had woken for a terrible dream where Brent died and I hadn't been able to stop crying. Even though I knew it was just a dream I couldn't stop the tears.

"Justin leave her babe," I heard Tamara say at one point. "No matter what you do you'll only make it worse. She needs Brent, he's the only one who can help her.”

After Justin left I lost track of time. I would blackout only to wake and feel the physical pain.

Tamara came back. "Hey hun I'm gonna give you something to help alright?"

Even if I had wanted to respond I couldn't. My body wouldn't move and I had screamed myself horse. I watched as she pulled out a needle and poke it into my arm. Blackness came and I felt my body slip.

"Amor can you hear me?" I heard someone say.

I felt hands on me and they felt good. My body was cold but the hands warmed me, their heat spreading through me.