Chapter Seventeen: The Lake

So I finally got to finish this chapter and I'm sorry it's taken me so long but I hope you enjoy and hopefully I'll be able to update faster. I'm not used to posting as I write so it takes me longer. Also no more working for a while so that should help but who knows what school will do.

Also I finally found the perfect long for Katrina and Brent!!!!!!! Took me long enough but the moment I heard it I thought of them and knew it was their song. So it's "Start of Time" by Gabrielle Aplin. There's a little video on the side but that's only if you're reading from a computer. So please check it about and let me know what you think. Also I think I found the song at the perfect time because it talks about being a drop of water and that actually plays into the end of the chapter and it's cool when you think about it and what the lake means.

Please comment and vote!!!!! I really want your imput and to know what you think. Thanks for reading.

“So are you going to be busy today like you were yesterday?” I asked as I sat up in bed while Brent came out of the bathroom.

“Sadly yes.” He slid on a simple white shirt and came to kiss me. “I told you I’m going to be pretty busy for a while. I missed a lot these past couple of weeks and I have to catch up.”

Sighing I kissed him one last time. “Ok. Bye.”

“Bye Amor.”

This time when I went downstairs I made sure to shower and dress. I slid on a black shirt with a blue blouse. I didn’t see anyone when I came down so shrugged and started on breakfast. I felt the hairs on the back of my neck rise and I turned from cooking eyes and my heart fell.

“You know you don’t have to show your disappointment when you see me.” Ray laughed. He looked so much like Brent and was wearing the same thing, jeans and a white shirt.

“Can you blame me? You guys say mates are a serious thing so of course I want to see Brent.” I turned back to my eggs before they burned.

“Don’t worry it’s cute.” He sat down at the bar. “So what’s for breakfast?”

I shook my head. “Do you always make yourself this much at home?”

“You know I heard you were very quiet and shy though I haven’t seen that side of you besides at the dinner but I can’t blame you. This family has a lot of power and a normal wolf would have been scared but you’re human.” He studied me. “You’re not like Brent said you would be.”

“For some reason I’m more open with you. Probably because you’re Brent’s twin and even though I know there is history between you two I feel like I can trust you.” I pulled out two plates and set out breakfast.

We ate in silence. Ray was watching me closely the whole time and I tried not to pay attention to it but his eyes bore into me and I felt myself growing red. I couldn’t figure out why he was watching me so close. “Would you please stop looking at me, you’re making me really uncomfortable.”

Ray chuckled but stopped when the door opened Chloe entered the kitchen. “Hi,” she said looking very small.

“Well if it isn’t the adorable little Chloe,” Ray teased.

Chloe was small with long blond hair that was pinned up and dark brown eyes. I didn’t know how old she was but she looked my age and I was thankful for that. It would be nice to have someone closer to my age. She was wearing a black dress that showed off her body. She looked very professional and I figured the Moonlight pack was known for that.

She rolled her eyes at Ray and turned her attention to me. “Since Brent is so busy he asked if I would show you around the pack.”

“I thought Lydia wanted to?”