- Chapter 9 -

The three of us walk up to the wishing well in the chinese restaurant Sam and I went to to question the shower chick. 

"Think it works?" Dean asked.

"Got a better explanation for teddy back there?" Sam asked.

"Well, there's one way to find out." I said. I grabbed a coin out of my pocket and started playing with it.

"What're you gonna wish for?" Sam asked me.

"Shh." I said, throwing the coin in.

"Not supposed to tell." I sassed. The boys rolled their eyes and looked around, to see if my wish came true.

"Maybe it didn't-"

"Did someone order a large pepperoni pizza with italian sausage and no cheese?!" Someone yelled at the front door. I raised my hand.

"That'd be me." I said. I take the pizza off the guy and we all move to a table. I opened the box and Dean started drooling over the pizza.

He went to reach for a slice but I smacked his hand away.

"Like hell." I said, stuffing a slice into my mouth. He pouted.

"I think it works, dude. That was pretty specific." I said to Sam.

"The teddy bear, the pizza..."

"I'm guessing this." Dean said, showing us an article from a newspaper where the guy won the lotto.

"I'm guessing that." I said, pointing to the weird, cutesy couple at the table next to us.

"Well, that definitely goes on the list... What are we supposed to do, huh? Stop people's wishes from coming true? I mean, it sounds like kind of a douche-y thing to do." Dean asked.

"Yeah, maybe. But come on, man. When has something like this ever come without a price tag? And usually a deadly one." Sam said.

"I don't know. It's a damn good pizza." I piped in.

"All right. Fine. We'll put a hold on the wishing till we figure out what's going on." Dean said.

"Uh, lady, gentlemen. I'm sorry. We don't allow people to eat outside food here." The owner said. I apologized and shut my pizza box.

"Well, I am certainly not gonna eat the inside food here." Dean said, looking through his pockets.

"Health department. You, my friend, have a rat infestation. We're gonna have to shut this place down under emergency hazard code 56C." Dean said, pulling out his badge. Sam and I followed his lead.

"Rats?!"

We got the guy to drain the fountain so we could have a look in it. We started sweeping all the coins out.

"Typical fountain, plaster Buddha. Nothing I can see." Dean said.

"Yes, nothing. We keep a clean place here." The chinese guy said.

"Sir, I'm gonna have to ask you to leave during the preliminary investigation, okay? Thank you." Sam said. The guy left and Sam turned to us. 

Dean pulled out two coins and looked at Sam.

"Oh come on. Aren't you a little bit tempted?" Dean asked him, flipping a coin to him. Sam chuckled.

"No." Sam said, handing him back the coin.

"Wouldn't be real. I wouldn't trust it." He finished.

"I don't know. That bear seemed pretty real." I stated.