- Chapter 7 -

"Now how many razor blades did they find?" I asked Mrs. Wallace, the late victims wife. 

She sighed and I could see the tears welling up in her eyes. "Two on the floor, one in his stomach and one was stuck in his throat. He swallowed four of them. How is that even possible?" 

She looked over at Dean, who was looking in the oven. "The candy was never in the oven." She said. 

Dean looked up at her and nodded. "We just have to be thorough, Mrs. Wallace." He said to her. 

"Did the police find any razors in the rest of the candy?" Sam asked her. 

I moved over towards the fridge and looked around it. I noticed a smudge mark on the floor, so I crouched down and stuck my hand behind it. 

I grabbed something and pulled my hand back, laying my eyes on a hex bag. 

I waved to Dean, and he looked over to me. I held up the hex bag and he nodded, so I showed Sam. 

Sam sighed and looked back at Mrs. Wallace. "Mrs. Wallace, did Luke have any enemies?" He asked.

"Enemies?" She asked , shocked.

"Anyone who might have held a grudge against him?" Sam explained.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"Co-workers? Neighbors? Maybe a woman." Sam asked. 

"Are you suggesting an affair?" She asked defensively.

"Is it possible?" Sam asked.

"No! No, Luke would nev–" She stopped herself.

"I'm very sorry. We just have to consider all possibilities." Sam apologised.

"If someone wanted to kill my husband, don't you think they'd find a better way than a razor in a piece of candy he might eat?" She stressed out. 

The three of us all looked at each other.

-

We left shortly after that and went back to the motel. Sam and I were reading up on the lore while Dean went out. 

"Sam?" I called to him. He looked up at me and smiled. 

"Yeah Evie?" He asked.

"Do you think I'm a monster?" I asked him. 

He frowned and shut his laptop, walking over to my chair and kneeling down so he was my height. 

"Yes." he said, smiling. I pushed his shoulder so he would fall. He crashed to the floor and smiled at me. 

"I'm joking, of course I don't." He said.

"I feel like one. I feel like - like-"

"An abomination?" Sam filled in for me. I nodded my head and looked down. 

"Hey." He said, grabbing my chin and lifting my head.

"You may be an abomination, but nothing's changed about you. Dean and I still love you the same. As does your dad." He said.

"I'm not so sure about dad." I said. Sam whacked me over the head. 

"Don't be stupid." He scolded. I raised my hands in surrender and Sam nodded, walking back to his laptop.

We were quiet for a while before I spoke again. "Okay yeah but, it's so hard to control it, what if I hurt you guys?" I asked Sam. He looked over at me for a moment before shutting his laptop again and walking over to me. "Throw me into the wall." He said.