- Chapter 18 -

"Evie? Evie! You listen to a word I said?" Dad asked me as I stared out his library window.

"Yeah, I heard you. I'm not calling him." I deadpanned.

"Don't make me get my gun, girl." Dad threatened. I turned towards him.

"We are damn near kickoff for Armageddon, don't you think we got bigger fish at the moment?" I asked him.

"I know you're pissed. And I'm not making apologies for what he's done, but he's your-"

"Brother? He's my brother, is that what you were gonna say?" I snapped at him.

"He's your brother. And he's drowning." Dad said. I scoffed.

"Dad, I tried to help him, I did. Look what happened." I said, raising one hand and throwing it around.

"So try again." He said.

"It's too late."

"There's no such thing." He snapped.

"No, dammit dad! No. I gotta face the facts. Sam never wanted part of this family. He hated this life growing up. Ran away to Stanford first chance he got. Now it's like déjà-vu all over again." I sat down.

"Well, I am sick and tired of chasing him. Screw him, he can do what he wants." I snapped.

"You don't mean that." Dad said.

"Sam's gone. He's gone. I'm not even sure if he's still my brother anymore. If he ever was." I said. 

Dad was quiet. He walked over to his desk, then in one swift moment, he threw everything off his desk. He started advancing on me, making me stand.

"Well, boo hoo, I am so sorry your feelings are hurt, princess! Are you under the impression that family's supposed to make you feel good?! Make you an apple pie, maybe? They're supposed to make you miserable! That's why they're family!"

"I told him, 'you walk out that door, don't come back' and he walked out anyway! That was his choice!" I yelled back.

"You sound like a whiny brat. No, you sound like John. Well, let me tell you something. He was a coward." Dad said.

"John was a lot of things, Bobby, but a coward?" I asked.

"He'd rather push Sam away than reach out to him. Well, that don't strike me as brave. You are a better person than John ever was. So you do both of us a favor. Don't be him." He yelled.

I turned back to the window, then noticed a change in scenery. I turned around slowly and noticed I was in a new room, very old fashioned.

"Hello, Evie. It's almost time." Castiel said.

"Oh great, it's you! Want do you want from me now?!" I exclaimed.

"We need you to help us."

-

After not getting a reply to my many questions I decided to poke around the room a bit. I noticed a table, filled with my favourite foods and drinks.

"Don't mind if I do." I mumbled, grabbing a piece of pizza and taking a large bite.

"Hello Evie, you're looking fit." Zachariah said from behind me. I turned around, looking like a kid that got caught stealing a cookie from the jar, and smiled. I quickly chewed my pizza and swallowed.

"Well how about this, 'The Suite Life of Zach and Cas'" I said sarcastically. They both gave me blank stares, to which I responded with a sigh.

"It's a... never mind. So, what is this? Where the hell am I?" I asked them.